Recent content by Jakee | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Jakee

1. J

Official ET/MPH List

I just noticed that 4pointslow took the number 2 spot for power adders. Great accomplishment! My hats off to you.
  2. J

Slow Restoration of the 01 sport

I had second thoughts about letting him loose with this one, ended up helping him get a truck.
  3. J

Thanks guys. The seats are mounted on the stock sliders. Just a little modifying is needed and it wasn't too terribly hard to make work. Cypher Auto is the brand I ended up choosing and I have no regrets after installing. Good deal 2000streetrod. Keep working at it!
  4. J

Hey guys, long time no post... I've slowly been restoring the old 01 sport. The paint was pretty shot and I've managed to get it looking 10X better by loving on it with touch-up paint and many hrs of buffing. I've also completely customized the interior to modernize. The truck still runs...
  5. J

PCM tuning package?

I have to recommend the SCT Pro Racer Package along with the Lasota Racing training DVD. You'll be well on your way to tuning your ride. You'll get access to the PRP forum but I really didn't find anything there as helpful as the training CD and just doing it. I must say I have a problem with...
  6. J

Pics of Sub Boxes

They say music is good for the soul.......so I added a subwoofer to my 01 sport.
  7. J

4.3l sohc v6?

The deck height is in the thread I started, referenced above. I'm curious what caused that engine failure.
  8. J

SOHC V6 Supercharger

Use some heat to get those fittings loose! Thats how they got there in the first place.
  9. J

75mm BBK throttle body problems

I'm wondering if the seals are bad (where the throttle plate rod enters the TB).
  10. J

Turbo on 2000 Limited 5.0

Try and use as many of the ribbed ends as you can. I have one joint meeting at the 2" to 2.5" transition where I did not use the ribbed ends because of the way I was forced to cut the pipe. Guess where the ends blow off? Yea, right there..LOL
  11. J

It's all in how many times you turn the shaft when putting it back together. (You have to take the plate and shaft out of the TB to know what I mean)
  12. J

Glad you got it figured out. If you try the BBK again, you can release tension on the spring. Like you, I don't like there to be more tension than needed, so I did this with a 70MM BBK.
  13. J

Turbo on 2000 Limited 5.0

That pump is one of the best. I'm pretty sure they tapped that hole BEFORE the pump was put together. I'm curious as to where the shaving came from. Were you able to pick that pc of metal out?
  14. J

Is there a little plastic round like spacer on the face of the TPS that meets the TB mounting surface? I had an issue (it's been along time since I installed mine) and found that I had to remove this pc. in order for the end shaft to engage the actual TPS.
  15. J

2013 Explorer Sport

Okay, It's been a few weeks and I'm still in love with this ride. Not one complaint other than someone in a white vehicle (white paint left on my black explorer) decided to tattoo my X with their door. It’s probably best I didn’t see this happen as I might be in the county jail about now..LOL...
Back