Recent content by Janob09 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Janob09

1. J

Wheel speed sensor '14 Sport *resolved*

Resolved. Pigtail for speed sensor was hanging on by a thread and fell off as I was fiddling with the wiring loom. Spliced back in and she's back in action
  2. J

Wheel speed sensor '14 Sport *resolved*

I've got a DTC for left rear wheel speed sensor on my '14 Explorer Sport along with all the other associated lights (tms fault, Trac control off, downhill assist, etc...). I replaced the speed sensor, but that didn't resolve the problem so I thought maybe I got a bad sensor so I pulled the ol...
  3. J

Inexpensive, easy intake and exhaust mods

Glad I could give some inspiration! The trick is cutting just below where the filter is clamped in to keep it secure. Good luck!
  4. J

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Rims look great! I've been considering refinishing mine in all black (not a fan of the two tone). Do you know what the shop's method was for refinishing? With my limited understanding, you'd just repair them the same way you would the bodywork....?
  5. J

Inexpensive, easy intake and exhaust mods

Hey gang, is just like to share a couple inexpensive modifications that have improved the intake and exhaust sound of my '14 Explorer Sport. For the intake I removed the OEM airbox, and cut the bottom of the box off just below where the filter sits so I would be able to secure the filter in the...
  6. J

Rearview Camera Problems

If you can't find any from Ford they may have some generic retaining clips at the auto parts store. If I recall correctly the trim is also held on with bolts so it probably wouldn't take anything super strong... Probably cheaper that way anyway.
  7. J

Terrain Management / AdvanceTrac System Errors

Hi Brian, The replacement sensor looks nearly identical to the OEM unit so I'm leaning away from a compatibility issue. Everything was very secure when I removed the OEM sensor and everything was intact so my next move will be to check the hole the sensor goes into for debris and next up I'll...
  8. J

Terrain Management / AdvanceTrac System Errors

Hey all, I've searched the threads and didn't find anything specifically about replacing an abs wheel speed sensor so here we are. I recently had my abs, Trac, tms, and downhill assist lights illuminate in my 14 Sport and Forscan confirmed that my LR wheel speed sensor was the culprit. I...
  9. J

How to: Improve Direct Airflow To Airbox Inlet

I agree, I'm a big diy kinda guy and with some attention to detail you can do a lot! I'm working on putting some Flowmasters as we speak!
  10. J

Do you mean the 2 stilts on the bottom of the air box? If so, that's gone. I took a hack saw to the air box and quite literally cut the entire bottom half off just below where the filter locks in. I left the duct from the grille to feed outside air below the filter with hopes of mitigating...
  11. J

Good idea! I've been considering just drilling some holes there to help with air flow but this looks much cleaner I'm sure. One modification I did to cut down on restrictions was I cut the entire bottom half off the OEM airbox just below where the filter sits. This way I was able to save the...
  12. J

2012 Explorer ABS light, Hill Descent, , Terrain Management, Check Brake System

I've recently had the same issue on my 14 Sport. All the same lights are signing but No codes with my OBD2 scanner and torque app but Forscan showed that I have a bad wheel speed sensor. So glad I don't have to bring my rig back to the dealer service center...
  13. J

ABS Light ON - U3000:49AB Code 2011 Explorer

Hey Isaac, I recently had my abs, Trac, VSC, and TMS light all come on in my 14 Sport. After some research, along with my OBD2 scanner and Forscan, I was able to identify the problem as the left rear wheel speed sensor *definitely not a $900 repair*. Not saying this is your problem, but it...
  14. J

Tune without programmer?

Do you know if this is accessible through Forscan, by chance? Thanks!!
  15. J

Tune without programmer?

Hey all, I was curious if there is any way to make adjustments and potentially "tune" my 14' explorer sport without having to spend $300-$500 on a programmer... I am aware that buying a programmer and tune is the safest option, was just wondering if there are any alternatives.
Back