Recent content by janskim | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by janskim

1. J

Time for tires

Anyone try the new Alenza Plus on the Limited. Curious about MPG impact since they are heavier then the Optimos. Time to ditch the Optimos as they are cracked at 36k.
  2. J

Remote start issues

Appears to be battery related, replaced both with fresh set though the spare is never used seems to be working. Suprised these went so quick as I have gotten 2 years out of batteries in other vehicle transmitters with more frequent clicking then this fob gets.
  3. J

Remote start issues

Yes tried that and everything was set correctly, going to let it sit overnite and try the spare again, hoping its just a battery issue.
  4. J

Remote start issues

Mine just developed the problem of not being able to remote start this week. Tried the spare remote and same issue you see the lights blink when it locks and hitting the 2X button twice yields no start with eventually going to a beep. Everything was working for a year just like TomTomNJ case...
  5. J

New tsb for Roof noise while raining

Anyone that gets this done please post your experience. FYI another thing to try is getting the clear paint protection film and apply over the exterior area. I did this with mine a year ago and I think is lessens the sound though not 100% curing the problem. www.clearmask.com and order a...
  6. J

Sirius Travel Link

Noticed my weather map data stopped downloading on 11/20 for some reason. Called Sirius tech support and they said they are aware of an issue for about 2-3 weeks now and that Ford was contacting owners to come to dealership to update the service. To the forum members with Travel link/weather...
  7. J

Ford has released tsb for squeaking brakes!!!!

Keep us posted guys, delaying on taking mine in pending your outcome.
  8. J

TSBs

Thanks !!!!
  9. J

Seat Cover Removal/Replacement

The cover has a bunch of hook tabs on it. My worry is the weather is colder now so stretching it on and would I have to take the seat back off to get the bottom off easier
  10. J

Seat Cover Removal/Replacement

Anyone ever try replacing the bottom leather seat cover on a vehicle. I had a bad incident with keys in a back pocket that put a slice in my seat. Tried gettig it repaired, not happy with the color match. I have the replacement cover, debating whether try switching myself or get a pro to do it.
  11. J

TSBs

Swetrid Can you post the one for the greasy windows and now the auto wipers module. Much appreciated.
  12. J

Climate Settings With Remote Start

Cory- Any chance you can find out what the magic temp number is for the systems to work? Would be nice to know that the system is working properly and preclude a dealer visit.
  13. J

Discovered that the defrost doesn't work as well with auto start, everything is set to auto. Could 2.11 be causing this?
  14. J

Confirm no heat from mine as well and its been in the mid 30s F here. Trying experiment cycled the settings to off then back to on will see in the morning.
  15. J

Fix for Streaking Windows!!!

Any updates from those that had this fixed? Also curious if anyone had tinted windows. I'm worried they are going to screw the tint up doing this.
Back