Recent content by JarvisB | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by JarvisB

1. J

Blacked Out & Whited Out Gallery

Wow that is good to know considering bunch of reading I did led me to believe that no Ford will sell painted door handles separately. How much did they set you back if you dont mind me asking? Since you converted to 15 handles, I am assuming you had to get the whole assembly for the front...
  2. J

Blacked Out & Whited Out Gallery

Hey there, Where did you get the 15' black handle covers from? i went thru so much headache to get mine painted.. hope they last but wanted to know about the 15' handle covers in case my paint falls apart. I also like how 15' and up has built in finger sensor. Thank you! -Jarvis
  3. J

Larger Tires on OEM & Aftermarket Wheels

Can you post a picture of your vehicle with 265/50? Thanks!
  4. J

03 Explorer Limited on OEM Edge Sport 22" wheels

The stockers are 245/65R17. My 22s set up are almost identical with the stockers so I m good here. Now I am thinking about selling my stockers with brand new tires. Not sure if they would sell, but I just spent 600 bucks on the tires alone and the limited wheels are in excellent condition - no...
  5. J

Best place to get OEM spark plug wire set for my 03 4.6L?

Interesting. I should ask about Road Force balance - The issue was alleviated after I took it back there. They said one of the tires was off. It is a local shop, not a dealership though.
  6. J

Thank you for chiming in. I sure am leaving the option of replacing the coils open. I should clarify, the small hesitation occurs at idle/park only. It performs beautifully once i am on the gas. No hesitation on highways. if the rough idle comes back then i will try the coils but sofar it...
  7. J

Thanks! I thought you were trying to point out the difference. The set up is doing good sofar. Only thing i have noticed is that i got some road noise when braking. Seems like the aerodynamics are a bit off now so there is some road noise when slowing down. Not too big of a deal though.
  8. J

3rd gen pic's

Ryan, I got ground force springs on the Explorer and no the hubs did not have to be machined. They come in same bolt pattern. Ride is fine, I can feel the road a little more which is expected with lower profile tires. Cheers -Jarvis
  9. J

^^ not sure what are you trying to show?
  10. J

I have cleaned the TB and IAC. There is no apparent vaccumm leak either. Idle seems to be ok now. Will report back if I catch it fluctating again. I have replaced the spark plugs as well and the truck seems to be running slightly better. For the shake, I am happy to report that it was just the...
  11. J

Just thought I'd share. Just as the title says: I have a 03 Explorer Limited on a set of 22" OEM Edge Sport wheels. I scored this set of edge wheels for $400 this past weekend and slapped them on the Explorer. I think I like it - Looks like it could come like that from factory. The wheels...
  12. J

3rd gen pic's

Here is my updated pic: Sitting on OEM Edge Sport 22" wheels
  13. J

^^ You guys rock! I was not looking to buy the coils itself. I just wanted to replace the wires/boots, but my brother and most of you advised against replacing the boots so I have decided that I will leave them alone unless I see something during the process. I just purchased the gasket...
  14. J

Thanks guys for the advice. I will give it a look tomorrow afternoon. I have been too busy with work/overtime. I would definitely like to swap the coil over plugs while I swap the spark plugs. I never saw the need to go aftermarket other than OEM because those stuff works well together, but I...
  15. J

Good evening explorerforum, I searched everywhere and I had hard time finding an OEM set of spark plug wire for my 2003 Explorer with 4.6L V8 engine. Any idea why am I experiencing difficulties in locating a set? I am looking for an replacement OEM set, Motorcraft brand. I am doing a...
Back