Recent content by Jason94sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Jason94sport

1. J

Front Bearings Keep Failing 2WD

Could be the spacers accelerating wear. The hubs were not designed for that. You might be able to get HD bearings & get them pressed into the hubs.
  2. J

Front Bearings Keep Failing 2WD

You have spacers? What is your tire/wheel set up?
  3. J

Any suggestions/personal experiences with life expectancy?

Can't beat time. I'd save $$ & not fix a thing on the Explorer. Do cheap DIY fixes, run it till it dies, & then buy something else.
  4. J

3rd Gen Sub Replacement

Bumping to say thanks. I did the same thing this week. Sub changed models but still the same as far as I can tell. Sounds much better. Long bass lines are not bottoming out like the stock one. It's not going to rattle windows, but inside it sounds good. Note on my radio anyway, I had to...
  5. J

Just paid $456 for a trans service

The estimate was $275. Before they had to get the plug out & get a new one. It's done. I may not even need to do it again since it's a 2nd vehicle. In a year I only put on 5K miles. Impressions are the shifts are smoother. Used to kinda shift hard into 3rd & 4th when on it. Haven't did a full...
  6. J

Just paid $456 for a trans service

I could have done it myself, I was expecting to pay a little but not $456 worth. I even supplied the filter & gasket. Christmas time I didn't want to deal with it. Good news someone must have did it before in 75K miles since the drain bolt was stripped. Shop could get it off but needed a new...
  7. J

2004 Ford Explorer not starting - PATS system?

Just because a battery tests good doesn't make it so. If it ran down, the likelihood of it being the problem is high. Have you tried to jump start it?
  8. J

Engine oil & oil filter for high mileage '05 3rd Gen Explorer

Mobil One 5W20 mine calls for & Motorcraft filter Every 5K. Same as all my Explorer I've had.
  9. J

What's she worth

$4K . Not going to get much back for the cosmetics. Engine rebuild & suspension are good. But then why did it need a rebuild? Mileage? Trans work? Geared? How's the interior? HVAC, electrical? May get 5K from someone looking for a Explore like this. Given the above $4K is as high as I'd go...
  10. J

Timken hubs FYI

These do include the ABS cable & new bolts. Just installed a front set. Part SP470200
  11. J

What diff fluid?

Need to get it done so I guess 75W-90 it is.
  12. J

Value of a manual trans

Right buyer yeah...normal person looking for a used car no. In most cases I'm doing the seller a favor buying the manual because so few want one.
  13. J

What diff fluid?

2WD open diff. Owners manual says 75W-90. But I see 75W-140 being used. Also will Mobil One LS synth work? It seems to have some limited slip additive in it. Thanks
Back