Recent content by jd4242 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by jd4242

1. J

1993 Ranger 4.0L - Later Model Engine?

There is two parts to a manifold. The lower which has the injectors and fuel rail ..the the upper which has the throttle body attached to it..they are different in many ways..easier to swap both,then the wiring..
  2. J

5.0 rear gear ratio options

They list it as a option in the sales brochure and also there is a member here(or think still member) that actually has the vins for all that came with it.. It wont let me or cant figure how to post pictures and ill have to ask him to comment on here about it..there is a post on fb where this...
  3. J

They were regular production, you didnt need to order just pick one that had them
  4. J

You not see the post above..thats a 5.0 with 3.55 open gears..
  5. J

From what im told starting in 99 was options
  6. J

The golden goose egg has been posted
  7. J

See alllll the info I've found said that the 3.73 were only available in ls...and any that ive heard of people having or saying they had 3.55 open were rwd
  8. J

From what i know they were only available with 3.55 open and 3.73 ls.. But someone wanted to fight tooth and nail saying they were only available with 3.73 ls
  9. J

What gear options were available for the 5.0 models?
  10. J

How to: 4.0 ohv/sohc performance t5 hybrid transmission

The tailshaft has to be a synchronized reverse or something like that ...i cant remember the words or terms..i mention cobra because pretty sure they used the zspec or whatever parts..been years and im extremely tired
  11. J

You also need that specific tailhouse i listed as it will work with the 05-10 gear set and also has a gear speedo
  12. J

The m5 clutch will not fit the 10 spline..if have to use a 2.9/4.0 flywheel you would need to buy two clutchs that are both 10" and combine the two ir have a custom clutch made for the 4.0/2.9 that is 10 spline..would also need to check the pilot bearing od is same as the 2.9 and would fit
  13. J

This is hard to understand but from what i read its not correct..you can not use the input shaft from a 05-10 in a older unit that has a shift in tailhouse nor would the bellhouse bolt to a 4.0 or 2.9 ..also a clutch disc for a m5 is 23 spine not 10 like the 05-10 mustang so you can not use a m5...
  14. J

The spline count is different for the t5 so a 10 spline clutch has to be used.. I used all the parts listed above..8 bolt mustang flywheel,clutch,slave and starter.. I have not soldit or had time to even mess with it..i have 4 vehicles now and just purchased a house which im gutting and...
Back