Recent content by jdhamhock | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by jdhamhock

1. J

Shop says my explorer is finished, is this true?!

One of the many problems with California, that aside…a pair of cats that are CARB compliant will run about $3100 and that Dora’s NOT include a shop welding them inline. Your rig is probably worth $7000 so your within your threshold, question you have to ask yourself is how much do you like you Ex…
  2. J

2002-2005 FAQ regarding lifts, tires, etc

I believe if you go with 3" BTF you are also going to have to get longer uppers to counter the geometry change...whereas the body lift has no affect on suspension it would just require a bit more work! Just my two cents...I am running 285's with a 3" body lift and 2" wheel spacers!
  3. J

I am only running a 3" BL and 2" wheel spacers. I had no rubbing with my original bumper but after I swapped to and XLT bumper I do get rubbing mid turn but only in reverse.
  4. J

Factory sub enclosure

thx for the response on the sub enclosure, my xls does not have one at all wont my stock panel not be deep enough? Would it go passenger side or driver side?
  5. J

Factory sub enclosure

Hey guys, looking to get a factory sub enclosure for my 02 xls, I know i need the enclosure and the body panel. Any idea on year ranges that will work? Does anyone have one to sell? Looking for the 8" enclosure. Any thoughts or comments will be appreciated!
  6. J

Beating a dead horse...

OK, I know we have covered the XLS-XLT bumper swap to death but has anybody bothered to figure out a way to utilize the factory XLT headlight/fog light switch? I picked one up, since I have done the bumper swap, and I see the factory headlamp switch wire harness has all of the correct wires...
  7. J

XLS Bumper Swap

I picked up an XLT bumper cover for my XLS and realized after I put it on that the molding isnt the same width as my factory wheel well moldings...and thoughts?
  8. J

How to: 3rd Gen BODY LIFT. Install.

Yep, I was under the ex with a set of vicegrips locked on the edge while my buddy air ratcheted them down... It's WELL worth it!
  9. J

Yes, just the 3" BL and 2" Hub Centric wheel spacers
  10. J

Finally Finished! Well bumper is back on and so are my new 285/75/16 KO's!!! Loving it! Here is the completed side by side
  11. J

Finished my 3" BL... Here are some before and after shots after my 2" wheel spacers!
  12. J

NP, I'll get some up today! And thx!
  13. J

Finally started my lift! Well I jumped in and started my lift! Only step left is to deal with the rear bumper! Here are some pics...
Back