Recent content by JerseyVics | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by JerseyVics

1. J

Wanted 16" OEM 2004 Explorer XLS wheels/tires

I'm selling the whole truck right now, can't seem to post it in the for sale forum but its on Craigslist locally if anyone is looking for a good truck, I'm happy to deliver it just about anywhere in the USA (no job right now so would be happy to go on a road trip)
  2. J

will 2006 rims fit 2004 truck, no problem?
  3. J

sorry bud, I lost the last post I responded to about tires/wheels last time I used Crown Vic wheels on my old '99 Exploder it didn't really look right, I'd prefer stock my local junk yard closed down, that place was great... I used to get great wheel/tires combos for like $35 bux each
  4. J

I need a set of 4 OEM 2004 Explorer 4-door: wheels/tires, in decent shape. Will be selling the truck after winter so I have a pretty tight budget. I'm happy to pick them up for the right price from the surrounding area PA/NY/NJ as I'm sure shipping is quite pricey. Similarly, if anyone...
  5. J

wheels and tires for sale

would they fit an '04 XLS no problem?
  6. J

Anybody in North Jersey with a Scan Tool?

I need help to determine which one of the ABS sensors or the speed control sensor is shot on a 2004 Explorer XLS. The ABS light is illuminated and the 4x4 High flashes occasionally. Based on what I read using search its one of the two problems listed above, the truck is out of warranty and...
  7. J

Ford wants to give you $500 bucks!

I'd like the $500 bux without buying a new Explorer. --Russ
  8. J

Who's in NJ? Where?

I live less than a mile from you... on top of the hill off Market. sounds like a mini-meet is in order! --Russ
  9. J

How to: Diagnosing Rough Idle - Suspect: IAC Valve

WTF? just talked to a guy that works for a dealership and he's suggesting the reason I can't see an IAC valve is because my truck doesn't have it... apparently its drive by wire. what else could be causing the truck to shake at idle (tach needle falls to about 500rpm) already...
  10. J

How to: Diagnosing Rough Idle - Suspect: IAC Valve

I can clearly see the shiny cylinder on our 99 V6 4.0L Explorer but on the 04 V6 4.0L Epxlorer I can't seem to find it (I'm probably looking right at it) can anyone post a diagram or a picture of the damn thing so I can diagnose the weird idle on my mom's truck? thanks, --Russ
  11. J

Who's in NJ? Where?

is that on McBride Ave? I like the bar you got on the front, do they have them in chrome for 2004? does anyone know? --Russ
  12. J

Who's in NJ? Where?

just got another one pix of the new to me '04 Expy XLS: no offroading for me but I'll be at the Wyckoff Cruise Nights every Wednesday --Russ :us:
  13. J

Door Ajar?

the damn light stays on permanently now... can't diagnose which door it is...
  14. J

Door Ajar?

I slammed the doors a few more times and everything is back to normal... I guess one sensor "froze" or something. --Russ
  15. J

Door Ajar?

I have a problem with the rear door. the key doesn't open the liftgate. I've never even opened the glass itself since I bought it. the only way I was able to open the liftgate was when one person pulls on the little lever inside and another uses the handle outside. --Russ
Back