Recent content by JimM | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by JimM

1. J

5.0 V8 99 Mountaineer stumble under acceleration

After action report on my misfire problem: I started with the plugs as the simplest and least expensive step. It was the plugs, badly eroded. I have no idea how long they had been in the truck but at least the 30K miles I've put on it. Solved the misfire problem and picked up an additional...
  2. J

5.0 V8 99 Mountaineer stumble under acceleration

My 99 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD has been trouble free for the 40K miles that I have put on it's total mileage of 201K. It does exhibit two issues that I have not been able to resolve. 1. It has a 'stumble' or 'miss' under certain acceleration conditions. If I accelerate hard it performs as you...
  3. J

5.0L warm start issue

I have a new-to-me 99 Mountaineer 5.0L V8 AWD with 175K on it. I have put 1K miles on it in the month that I have owned it. It starts up normally when cold. When warm it will crank without firing for an extended period of time unless I apply some throttle. The engine spins at normal...
  4. J

Trans problem.....

I have a 2000 Explorer with the same drivetrain and it began to exhibit the same problem when placed in park as well as inconsistent gear selection. I got under the dash with a mirror and flashlight to check the shifter cable connection and realized the the large "L" shaped bracket that the...
  5. J

no radio or overhead console power

I have power at the #20 fuse on the left side of the dash. Is there a component or connection between that and the radio that could be the problem? I do not have a wiring diagram.
  6. J

no radio or overhead console power

I am the new owner of a 98 5.0 AWD XLT four door, my fifth Explorer with no radio power and no overhead console display. I have not started to troubleshoot the overhead console but have done the basics on the radio, which is the factory unit with the single CD slot in the dash, not the...
Back