Dismiss Notice

to owner generated reviews, discussion, tech tips, and more! The #1 Ford Explorer enthusiast resource on the Internet since 1996. We also cover the Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer, Lincoln Navigator, Mazda Navajo, Mazda Pickups, and the Aerostar.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    JK080
    Last Activity:
    May 26, 2017 at 3:56 PM
    Positive ratings received:

Post Ratings

Received: Given:
    Like 33 6
    Thanks 7 0
    Useful 16 0
    Disagree 0 0

JK080

Transmission Moderator

Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer
    JK080 was last seen:
    May 26, 2017 at 3:56 PM
      1. Atomikk
        Atomikk
        Hello JK... New 15' Explorer owner here. How do I "PM'' other members on the forum? I cant seem to find the procedure on the forums anwhere. Thanks!
        1. JK080
          JK080
          welcome Atomikk, to PM someone click on their name and click on "Start A Conversation" from the window that appears.
          November 3, 2016
      2. JK080
        JK080
        Hi Bruce, I typically dont do bench jobs without the entire vehicle, there is just too much that can go wrong during the install and there may be adjustments needed after installation especially on a vehicle that old. But to give you a idea of cost somewhere between 900 and 1300 depending on how bad it is.

Thanks
        James
      3. Bruces expo
        Bruces expo
        I see your a master Transmission Guy , How much do you charge to rebuild an a4ld . I have a spare case here that lost all forward movement and is missing a few parts on the shift linkage . Thanks Bruce .
    • About

City, State:
      North Ga
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      05 F250 6.0
      Vehicle Specs:
      YES

Signature

~~ James ~~

Independent transmission shop owner and rebuilder of all makes and models.

We Support Our Troops!