Recent content by jobunn | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by jobunn

1. J

Truck Haven MLK 2018

I miss that place. Keep the pics coming, please.
  2. J

Truck Haven MLK 2018

I was hoping to make this run but it's looking doubtful. Among other things two bolts suddenly broke on the Superlift torsion bar drop bracket last week. All while pulling into a grocery store. I fixed it but I am worried about all the other Superlift bolts so will be slowly replacing the others.
  3. J

Truck Haven MLK 2017 Jan 13 - 15

I am up for another weekend, though unfortunately in the Spring my weekends can be tough, but I will make it work if I can. If nothing sooner maybe shoot for around Easter, April 16?
  4. J

Chop, Cut, Rebuild: DB_1's Ranger...again

Sorry to hear this Dave, your truck has been a staple rig on the runs since I have been going and always fun to watch. Is there something major wrong with it right now, or just lots of little stuff? I would love to buy it but have to keep feeding my kids for now.
  5. J

How about President's Day weekend? February 18.
  6. J

I've done Miller Jeep a few times. It's a fun and scenic run but easily doable in a slightly modified rig so the SAS vehicles would be bored. There also are not any other fun trail options up that way. I would love to try Big Bear again but Truckhaven is more central for those coming from out...
  7. J

Too bad but makes sense. Weather forecast looked good out there. The extra time will give me time to tweak and fix a few more things I hope. I am flexible on the dates and will try and get the Friday off for whichever weekend is decided.
  8. J

Oh man. Sorry to hear so few (2 or 3?) can make it. Does it make sense to postpone the trip? No holiday weekends for awhile but maybe we can pick a weekend in the next couple of months for when more can make it out.
  9. J

I am in. Got all of the major problems with my truck worked out.
  10. J

Serious Explorations 20th anniversary video

Just saw this. Really enjoyed it. Thanks, Rick!
  11. J

I am working to make this trip Saturday and Sunday nights. I have several problems with the explorer, including a busted transmission band (likely rebuild needed), bad axles and tie rods that may keep away but I will see if I can get them all worked out next week.
  12. J

Truckhaven 20th Anniversary Run MLK Weekend Jan. 15-17

Maybe do the exact same thing tomorrow.
  13. J

Great pics. My son Nathan who came with me for the first time last year just saw the pics and said, "Dad, why didn't we skip my soccer game, I love truckhaven, all the people we know were there!"
  14. J

That mounted camera should give some great pics. Is that video? I am motivated to fix my stripped tie rods and get out there for the next trip. And clear the damn calendar
  15. J

Wish I was there. Lets see some trail pics!
Back