Recent content by JoelSilva | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by JoelSilva

1. J

1996 Explorer v8 5.0 Ticking When Accelerating

Wow thank you for the reply will be buying a pressure gauge this weekend.
  2. J

I’ve tried, it only does it when running at idle. I can’t hear it from the inside but it’s pretty loud. I can hear it on quiet mornings almost sounds like a frkn Prius if you ever heard one. Is this something I should be worried about replacing soon? I will be going on a road trip and can’t...
  3. J

Are they normally this noisy? Could something have gotten loose while being on the lift?
  4. J

Crazy how I seem to have another noise as soon as I got that last one fixed. I have a very loud electronic buzzing noise on cold start up coming from the rear drivers side, haven’t pin pointed the exact location, it’s very loud. Any ideas on what it could be? The explorer was on a lift, maybe...
  5. J

Got quoted $280 for labor + parts it’s the manifold guys
  6. J

Yup changed the spark plugs and didn’t work. I’m pretty sure it’s the manifold now, going back to the shop today. Does anyone know how much it should cost to get the passenger side replaced?
  7. J

I need to check the egr tube. On the 96 v8 it’s located to the rear by the firewall where I cannot see the tube only the egr valve. Any ideas on how to check the tube for a leak?
  8. J

So I took it to a specialized exhaust shop and they could not find anything! I know I am not crazy so it must be some kind of engine noise, like spark knock or valves. It only does it when cold and accelerating. Will be chainring the spark plugs and oil this weekend to see if that helps.
  9. J

I doubt it because it’s not loud, it’s more of a tick. I might take it in to an exhaust shop to get diagnosed. Hopefully it’s not the manifold.
  10. J

Yeah that’s strange. I can hear the ticking coming from the passenger side but there is a lot of heat shields that cover the manifold up, even though I really doubt it’s the manifold. The only thing I have done was added a bottle of Techron to the fuel. Could this possible be why it’s ticking?
  11. J

Did your heat shield make a ticking noise?
  12. J

Sorry the pics didn’t upload. Just saw a video on youtube of a manifold leak, definently don’t think I have that, it’s a very faint noise only when accelerating heavily. Will check the egr tube again and heat shields from the exhaust today.
  13. J

Hi my name is Joel, I am a new member of this forum and just purchase a used 1996 Explorer 5.0 AWD. It has low miles for the year, 105,000, and is in extreamly good condition. My problem with the Explorer is when I start it it has a slight ticking noise that goes away when the car warms up, but...
Back