Recent content by Johne1000 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Johne1000

1. J

London Ont To West Virginia and back

As the title says, im planning on a road trip this week to WV. I have a 2001EB. 243,000Km roughly 151,000miles. I have other vehicles i can use, but prefer to take the old daily EB! Whats your thoughts people. it is the 4.0L with no sign of engine or trans problems. Please give me your...
  2. J

AC vent pressure

the last couple days i have noticed my vent pressure on ac max will be fine on start up but will fade out..... but the fan is spinning hard! i took the fan apart to make sure there isnt a nest in there... it was clear, any suggestions? thxs John
  3. J

My Explorer is totalled

well i have owned 4 explorer 94 ohv 97 sohc 00 sohc 01 sohc I still own 00 and 01 Not one has ever failed or given me any chain noise! The oil was always changed every 5000km's Except for the 2000 sport its now a plow truck and has had the same oil in it for the last 4yrs NO chain noise...
  4. J

My Explorer is totalled

So much hate for the 4.0L....lol.... do you actually know what the failure rate is on these engine!?!?! Considering how many are out there its very low! Of course you only read the negative, but the truth is..... A very small percent of explorer owners are a part of forums! Ask your ford dealer...
  5. J

Front end clunk

thanks Koda
  6. J

Front end clunk

In the cold weather i get a clunking noise on the front passenger side ONLY DURING THE COLD weather..... No i have checked all ball joints and tie rods and play in the bearings.... the only thing i can think of is the shocks are original. 2001 ex eb 232,000kms ant ideas guys?
  7. J

2001 Explorer EB spark plugs

thxs to everyone who has replied with advise..... ill be using all of it... love these forums... thxs again y'all
  8. J

thanks koda
  9. J

Hey y'all, how hard is a 2001 explorer EB spark plug change It has the 4.0 V6 in it Thanks John
  10. J

Exhaust Manifolds Back

NOBODY!!! REALLY GREAT FORUM
  11. J

Exhaust Manifolds Back

So i have a 2001 EB with the 4.0Litre, i need to replace the full exhaust system. Has anyone ever done a full manifold back exhaust job? I live in ontario canada so lucky for me my truck has been exposed to several crappy salt ridden winter roads. If anyone has any tips, a full walk through or...
Back