Recent content by jonwatts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by jonwatts

1. J

going price for 4.10 rearend

Thank you gentlemen for your replies. My 31" tires will be here next week and I guess I'm going to drive it for a while with 3.55 gears. Looking at the rpm/speed calculator it appears the 4.10 gears will be a decent compromise between trail and highway. I don't know if wrench and go will deal or...
  2. J

going price for 4.10 rearend

Hey all, started looking around for front and rear differentials with 4.10 gears and traction loc. First stop was my local wrench and go and found an ex with everything I need. They quoted me $250 for the rear complete and $150 for the front housing complete. Didn't know what a fair or going...
  3. J

302 carb swap

I know a lot of you younger guys grew up learning EFI as you matured and many of you are automotive techs. I am not and have no interest in becoming one at 62. I'm an old guy that tuned Holley carburetors and hot rodded in my youth, so I have no problem dealing with them. I'm not here to argue...
  4. J

302 carb swap

Made any more progress? This is of interest to me because I will be doing a carb conversion on my 2000 5.0 Explorer this spring...been planing this for some time. This is a very practical conversion that makes so much sense. Down the road a guy can always use aftermarket EFI if desired. The list...
  5. J

TMH group buy??

I think I would be game for a set Jon
  6. J

future Explore owner

It has about 180K. I picked it up last night and drove it home. The guy I bought it from just spent $700 on the front-end in May. I didn't know this when I made an offer to him last week, and was already planning on doing the ball joints, tie rod ends, and brakes myself. Big bonus, already done...
  7. J

future Explore owner

Gentlemen! Thanks for the welcome and your replies. Well I just became an Explorer owner, will pick up the old girl tomorrow. Its a 2000 with a 302 and the airco even works. The only thing I'm immediately concerned about is the PATS. I'm hoping it will all function OK until I can figure a work...
  8. J

computer integration

Thanks for your reply SoHK, I've attended the same school as you a number of times. It's good to know the charging system is independent of the computer, that's a big plus. What about all the wiring to the headlights and tail lights? Hopefully most of that can be left as is as well. I'll...
  9. J

computer integration

Hope I have this posted in the proper forum. Just introduced myself over at the new guy place yesterday. Here is just a recap what I am attempting to accomplish. My goal is to use an aftermarket fuel injection system and a separate trans controller with a 302 powered 2000 Explorer(I think I...
  10. J

future Explore owner

Hey all, I became interested in the Explorer forum after a search for a different 4x4 platform that would serve my needs. I recently retired my old ratty 88 Bronco full size and began the search for a lighter 4 wheel drive platform that would meet a number of criteria. A 302 powered gen 2...
Back