Recent content by Josh C. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Josh C.

1. J

Wanted Second Gen Explorer Manual Seat Tracks Sliders

I need the manual seat tracks for a second gen, drivers and passenger sides. My after market seats are on the electric tracks and I cant tell the motors are staring to wear out and would like to replace with the simple manual tracks. Let me know if you have them and wouldnt mind shipping to...
  2. J

Accident Caused Some Problems

Last weekend we were coming down a mountain road (Big Bear Route 38) in the truck, my daughter wanted to get a picture of the sunset so I pulled over into one of the side of the road viewing area, I tried to slow down (probably going about 35-40mph) and I had about 10% brakes and wasn't slowing...
  3. J

MPG comments

I just wanted to follow up to this thread many years later. With OBX headers, regeared to 4.56, air locker jn the back, LS in the front and a more aggressive cam, I get 8 to 9 city and 13 freeway (if I'm on the freeway my roof rack is usually piled high with camping stuff). Those numbers take...
  4. J

OBX and Torque Monster headers

I've had a set of OBX for a couple years now. Install was a major pain, a few of the bolts are near impossible to get in and tighten down. I should have had them decked but I didn't think about it at the time. I used copper crush gaskets and they seem to be doing fine. I have a 3" body lift and...
  5. J

Bluetooth Static help

Mbrooks and Mercury, thanks for the reply. I end up finding the problem. It had something to do with the aftermarket wiring harness that was provided to me that mates between the factory harness and the new radio harness. I ended up getting rid of the aftermarket harness and ford harness and ran...
  6. J

Bluetooth Static help

Hoping an car audio guru can help since I'm failing at researching my problem online. Installed a new Pioneer stereo and 4 new speakers. The radio sound is great, the sound from all streaming services (youtube, pandora, spotify, etc) is great, but when I make bluetooth phone calls the persons...
  7. J

Clock spring info

I need help finding the correct clock spring number. I have a 1998 Merc Mountaineer V8 AWD with only cruise control buttons on the steering wheel. The part number of the clock spring that is installed is F67A-14A664-EB but I think many years ago I pulled a steering wheel from the junk yard and...
  8. J

Horn Wiring

I've narrowed it down to either the cruise control switches or the clock spring. Im guessing the clock spring but the switches need to be replaced anyways. The reason I'm guessing the clockspring is because I just looked into my airbag flashing light code, which was code 32, telling me my...
  9. J

Alarm Problems

I think I saw a post of your mentioning this. I have many batteries in over the years of owning it and its done it through all those batteries....but, it could have been happening when those batteries were going bad??? The battery I have right now is brand new
  10. J

Horn Wiring

Also I get no resistance (volt meter just reads OL) between relay connector pin 1 and the under dash airbag sliding connector pin 6 where the two yellow/grn come out of. This is if I insert the probe into the slot 1 where the relay goes If I inert the relay and take the reading from the back of...
  11. J

Horn Wiring

Thanks for that, very helpful. Fuse and relay are good. But when I got to A2 I found the problem...I have 12v from ground to pin 5, but nothing between ground and pin 2. So I put the relay back in and put a jumper wire from the steering wheel horn switches to the pin 2 of the relay connector (I...
  12. J

Horn Wiring

I just hooked my horn back up and realized it doesnt work anymore. If I run power to the horns from the battery they work, their ground is fine, I switched a couple relays out, there is power where the relay plugs in, the fuse is good and the contact points at the steering wheel are doing their...
  13. J

Alarm Problems

Door switch is good I think because cabin light turns on when when door is open and the open door light is on the dash. I check the wiring that goes into the door to see if any are broken. Battery is also good I wouldnt put my kid in a vehicle that has no horn either hence the wanting to get it...
  14. J

Alarm Problems

So I need to disable the stock alarm system on a 1998 Mounty. My alarm will randomly go off for no reason....horns blaring and lights flashing. To combat this Ive just had my horn unhooked for years. My daughter is gonna start driving this soon and I need to know if there is a way to disable the...
  15. J

Solved Air conditioning goes to defrost when accelerating, then returns.

I'm a dumbass, I didnt even look to see that this was a 3rd Gen thread
Back