Recent content by Joshua11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Joshua11

1. J

Thermostat, T-stat housing, bolts

I got my bolts at Lowes
  2. J

Has someone swapped a 5r55w to a 5r55s?

There is no place around here for over 100 miles that I have found that has a W. I can get S all day long. The Overdrive sun gear is shot so I know it will have to be replaced with the OD planets. I would think they the OD sun for a w would not work on a S sense they are different gears.
  3. J

I am planning on flushing the cooler and replacing the torque convertor,, I am guessing the transmission has been in there for a while but with no know history from how it performed before I am thinking it may have done ok but that is a lot of hard work if my hunch is wrong. I hate to beat the...
  4. J

Also the trans tag shows the build date of trans BD-2H13 so that would be August 13,2002 and truck was built 2-02
  5. J

The trans tag is 2L2p-BA, the door sticker code is R which shows a 5r55w. Also when I tore it down it has 38 teeth sun gear,94 teeth ring gear and 28 teeth pinion. Which shows the ratio of .71 for overdrive and that comes up for a 5r55s. So do I replace with 24 teeth set up or will the 5r55s set...
  6. J

Hello, I just bought a 2002 Explorer 4.0 sohc built 2/02 and trans was bad and I know it came with a 5r55w. I pulled the trans to build it and it is a 5r55s in it now, My guess and they just got one from the junk yard and throwed in it. My question with out knowing how it worked before this one...
Back