Recent content by jplinville | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by jplinville

1. jplinville

My '07 Limited V8 'Garage Thread'

Easy method?? Please explain...
  2. jplinville

Back in an Explorer

Yesterday began the process of wrapping the rear deck chrome trim piece with matte black vinyl. When I replaced the rear tailgate a month and a half ago, I retained the chrome piece, along with Ford emblem, for this...practice. I tried three different times, each one as bad as the last...
  3. jplinville

'06 Liftgate won't open

Sounds like the linkage has broken. You'll need to pry the trim panel back from the window area enough to reach down and locate the linkage that opens the door. I had to do that to mine. I replaced the linkage from a JY donor, and all has been good. it won't be easy, but it's doable.
  4. jplinville

No A/C...basic XLT. I need to figure out which way I'm going with running boards. I may just wind up going Nerf style, out of ease, since the price for all of them are close to the same.
  5. jplinville

Back in an Explorer

Stereo install is complete. Kenwood DDX375BT, Infinity Kappa front doors, Infinity Primus rear doors, prototype 10" powered sub currently sitting in 3rd row foot well, still looking for a mounting spot for it. AVS window vents installed. I meant to order the in-channel type, but mistakenly...
  6. jplinville

How easy was it to swap out the running boards? My 2006 XLT didn't come with them, and the aftermarket offering isn't quite the way I'm wanting to go.
  7. jplinville

Looking for suggestions...

I will. I remember the multiple Punch 45 amps I had pushing 12s and 15s in a 79 T-Bird I had. They were very good at the time.
  8. jplinville

Oh, I can't forget that debadging and covering the chrome as being a cheap next step into it's transformation. I bought this thing after my mother called and said she was giving up her driver's license due to macular degeneration. My wife and I decided to move back from PA to OH, move in...
  9. jplinville

Kappas are rated at 100W RMS/300W peak and the Primus are rated at 120W RMS/320W peak. A 300W amp would work well, and shouldn't cause harm. I looked at the Hertz HCP 4D, and liked the 85W X4 @4ohm rating, and 145W X4 @2 ohm ratings. My speakers are 3 ohm, so they can handle the higher power...
  10. jplinville

2006 Explorer XLT 4.0 I recently replaced the single disc MP3 playing HU during an upgrade. Below is my list of components... Kenwood DDX375BT Infinity KAPPA 682.11cf front door speakers Infinity Primus PR8602cf rear door speakers Powered Subwoofer...prototype version that was made and tested...
  11. jplinville

Need help on stereo system...

Looks good, too! Im going to see if i can load a file and change the start up screen to the Ford symbol, making look even more stock.
  12. jplinville

I wound up getting back into the harness and connecting to the wire to the ground there, giving a good solid connection. It seems to be working as it should.
  13. jplinville

I appreciate the help you all have given. I picked up a Kenwood DDX375BT today up at Best Buy, since they, and everyone else local were out of the 374. 375 gives the Spotify option, amonth a few other minor updates. At any rate, I'm satisfied with what I have now as far as head units go. It...
  14. jplinville

Budget is around $500. The original system is a basic single disc MP3 without AUX input, even though it has an AUX button. Not knowing much about these stock systems, I'm assuming the only speakers I have are what is in the doors. I'm not interested in subs at the moment...haven't had any in...
  15. jplinville

2006 XLT Explorer... I'm not looking to kill my ears here...just looking for a decent, strong sounding double din system that has BT and not going to break the bank. I wouldn't mind a touchscreen, but it's not necessary. I'm also going to swap out speakers, so if anyone can tell me the size...
Back