Recent content by Jstcruz | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Jstcruz

1. Jstcruz

Time to say good bye

I got $2,000 for the Ex, and we have 4 other cars in the household. Theres no reason to keep the Ex and the expenses that went with it. I'd have more use out of the pick-up. Most I will do is get a little gas sipper later on, but I dont really need it.
  2. Jstcruz

Time to say good bye

I considered a ST but need more bed space than they have. As it is now I have to hook up my trailer every time I need to go to Home Depot. I like the ST but its not for us unfortunately.
  3. Jstcruz

Time to say good bye

After much time and money it is time for me to sell the old Ex. It is getting up there on miles and I am finding more and more things not working on / in it. Above all (I am all for fixing the problems) I am starting to feel that a pick-up would be better for me and my family. I wanted to...
  4. Jstcruz

1984 Ford Ranger XLT for sale. Solid shape!

Heres a good chance to relive the old days :D
  5. Jstcruz

best headers for 4.0 ohv, 4WD, 5 speed.

It seemed to improve my mileage a little bit, but I have no data to prove it. Acceleration increased slightly and it sounds a little better. Not arguing, just giving my input.
  6. Jstcruz

1984 Ford Ranger XLT for sale. Solid shape!

I have an 84 Ranger that came from California for sale. I took the engine and tranny out of it with the hopes of putting a 4.0 engine from an Explorer in it with the tranny and computers, but time and money is really holding it back. There is no motor or tranny in the truck. There is a 5r55E...
  7. Jstcruz

best headers for 4.0 ohv, 4WD, 5 speed.

Hey man, Im in Deltona! I have Pace setters on my ohv and they are pretty decent. Only big issue was the collector was on the Y-pipe goofy so I had to work my exhaust. Get new gaskets as the ones included are garbage, and get the stainless ones if available. Hope this helps! Check out my...
  8. Jstcruz

Headlight keeps blowing...literally

I was having a problem like this that ended up being water in the housing. The water would drip on the bulb and bust it. I drilled a small hole in the bottom of the housing after cleaning it out and have had no problems since. Hope this helps!
  9. Jstcruz

Replacing AC Accumulator - Anything I should Know?

Ok, good to know. Thanks guys :D Koda, good to see your Elite buddy :D :thumbsup:
  10. Jstcruz

Replacing AC Accumulator - Anything I should Know?

Long time no post :/ But Im back with a new problem. I am replacing the accumulator in my ac doe to a leaking port on the old one. Do I need to add any oil to the system? Is there anything in particular I should do? I am having the system filled with straight R134a, not the stuff you...
  11. Jstcruz

What's a good price to pay for an Aerostar?

Its spotless. under the hood and underneath is very clean. even has near new tires on it. I just really wish it was a different color lol
  12. Jstcruz

Well here it is. Im not crazy about the color but I am not the primary driver so I dont care haha :D Its nice to have another Ford in the driver way while the Ranger is down :D
  13. Jstcruz

They actualy had 2 areosars over the years and they love them... which is why I think they dont mind paying for this one. I told them about the forum, and they knew about it anyway since this is where I spent 80% of my days a little while ago haha
  14. Jstcruz

Loud "Hum" from under the hood!

I had an air bypass valve humming real bad one time.. its kinda loud and would be easy to find tho. does it hum at idle or only when you are on the breaks for the most part?
Back