Recent content by justin781 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by justin781

1. J

2003 Squeaky front end

End links or sway bar bushings?
  2. J

Engine swap from 2004 explorer to 2005

Prob your MAP sensor. Those are the symptoms of a faulty one.
  3. J

05 explorer rotor rubbing backing plate

I finally got the effing thing to stop scraping!!!! Its about damn tine. Ive done over 100 brake jobs and this was the longest most annoying one of my life!!! And ive had some pretty stubborn rotors that wouldn't come off and shattered trying to pull it off w a 3 jaw puller, parking brake...
  4. J

05 explorer rotor rubbing backing plate

So i did all the pads and rotors, now the lip of the drum is hitting the groove of the backing plate under the pb/eb shoes. Sounds like from more than one wheel. Ive taking it apart n trying pushing it back some, it is getting a littld better but still sounds horrible. Not much going straight...
  5. J

05 explorer no heat

No unfortunately i never got the heat to get hot. Even after using a couple bottles of the prestone flush stuff and driving for a few days, i then hooked up a hose directly to the heatercore to back flush it, still no luck. No matter how/what i change the dials to i get no thumping or...
  6. J

05 explorer no heat

Ya pretty sure its a Ford sticker. Has a ! Inside a triangle and a book with an i just like on the res cap. Sorry doesnt say to use green rather says not to use orange. Thought it was orange with a no sign over it and green with a check next to it, but its jus orange fluid in a bottle with the...
  7. J

05 explorer no heat

The sticker on the res tank shows to use green.
  8. J

05 explorer no heat

Damn it....it had green when i first drained it too. Everything has been fine since she bought the truck almost a year ago. The heat only stopped gettin hot a few days before i posted. When i dropped the glove box the other night, i could feel vacuum when i pulled the red line off the top...
  9. J

05 explorer no heat

Ya i seen this when i searched before posted. The heater control vavle seems to be operating. I can move the lever freely, and when i took it off the hoses, i could see right through it/it was open
  10. J

05 explorer no heat

What would be clogging it though? There was no rust or anything. The coolant was green, when drained it and ran the flush it came out clear. When i back flushed the heater core directly it was clear.
  11. J

05 explorer no heat

So i dropped the glove box to look around in there. The top actuator(?) that has the red vacumm hose going to it, when i pull the vacuum line off, the rod comes out, the vents close, and i can feel vacuum when i put my finger on the end of the hose. When i pull the blue vacuum hose off the...
  12. J

05 explorer no heat

Thats weird. Why would AC run on deforst mode? AC should have nothing to do with deforst. Jus robs you for more power n gas to have AC on while defrost is on. Who uses AC when they need to defrost lol. Stupid Ford. So i finally had some free time today. After driving with the flush fluid in...
  13. J

05 explorer no heat

Under dash panels? This car doesnt have the button for recirculating cabir air or switching to pulling outside air. First car ive seen that didnt have those buttons.
  14. J

05 explorer no heat

Me too lol. Still doesnt make sense that the defrost is coming out cold but the dash vents hot.
  15. J

05 explorer no heat

Ya this is what im going to do in a few days. Is the left heater core hose the in and the right is out? I want to so this but back flush/go the opposite way it normally goes. Just didnt have time today so figured throw some of the system flush in there to break up the crap for a few days until i...
Back