Recent content by JW | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by JW

1. JW

Chain Lightning - 2003 Centennial Edition

Made another run through the Nevada desert, this time in the Silver State Classic Challenge, 100 MPH class. Video below is from one specific part of the course, which we ran 15-20 MPH faster than last time. Truck setup is the same as before.
  2. JW

I used a tuner to yank the speed limiter out, and lowered the rev limiter a bit. At 120 MPH in 5th, I was turning about 3500 RPM.
  3. JW

We hit 121 (our class has a max of 124 before we get disqualified, so I didn't want to push it).
  4. JW

We ran this in the Nevada Open Road Challenge last weekend. Open road racing, 122 miles total, in the 110 MPH average class. Full southbound run -
  5. JW

Ghost Rider - 2003 Limited

Yep. The closing scene of the series finale of Sons Of Anarchy was filmed near there as well.
  6. JW

Very close. Golden State Hwy, just north of Templin Hwy.
  7. JW

Current status... Ever since I decided I was going to own this one day, I wanted to lower it and install Adrenalin wheels. So I did. Wheels were chromed by California Chrome, and I would not hesitate to use their services again. Tires are Continental ExtremeContact in 275/40-20. Sound system...
  8. JW

Interior. About as clean as could be, with minimal wear on the driver's seat and steering wheel.
  9. JW

This is my 2003 Explorer, Centennial Edition. I found it at a tiny dealer way up in Sedro-Woolley, WA, on January 21, 2022. I was on a plane to Bellingham, WA, the morning of January 22. 4.6L, AWD, every option except the rear DVD. She had 195,000 miles when I got her, and I immediately drove...
  10. JW

A few changes since my last update... 1) The engine-side adapter that came in the Jegs oil filter relocation kit is crap and leaked like crazy. It would probably be fine on any of the engines it's designed for out of the box, but does not work on the 4.6L. I replaced it with the unit from...
  11. JW

P0405 code on 2004 4.0L

If I recall correctly, I replaced the new, off-brand valve with a Motorcraft. No issues since.
  12. JW

Bkennedy's SAS and Rebuild Thread

This really is the year that keeps on taking. Very sorry to hear about all that.
  13. JW

Bkennedy's SAS and Rebuild Thread

Lots of pets to Sasha ❤
  14. JW

R.J.'s New New Rig

Good to see you, brother. Keep up the fight. I actually really like this generation of 4Runner.
  15. JW

Truck Haven

Count me in for now, as a ride-along.
Back