Recent content by jzcop | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by jzcop

1. J

Several issues, warnings after replacing water pump

yes on all the ground wires going to have to scan it for codes later. Any idea on the noise from the transmission area?
  2. J

Several issues, warnings after replacing water pump

Hi all, wondering if anyone has got an answer or point me to where to look. I just finished the water pump job on my 2013 explorer 3.5. started the truck up and a bunch or terrain management lights/ faults lit up on the dash. also there's a loud whining noise coming from the driver side...
  3. J

List of Useful Threads 3.5L Water pump replacement - Gotchya's

On your timing cover third picture up, the four center raised flanges above the crankshaft seal where the middle bolts go, do they have to have sealent on them too? i think i forgot those and don't want to take the cover back off again.
  4. J

Turn Signal Will not Stay on Right Turn Only

yep its a mystery. i messaged the guy i saw who had the same exact problem on his F150 to see what his outcome was. I'm really trying to avoid the dealer on this one.
  5. J

so here’s pics of the connection at steering wheel. no burn marks or broken prongs. i put the old switch back in and still same issue. i’m thinking it’s a program issue as i saw on some posts that the speed of the blinks and other functions of the switch are programmable. or it’s the circuit...
  6. J

Hey all, I have a 2013 explorer XLT. Out of the blue, when i put on the tun signal for right turns, it only does the three blink and shuts off no matter how hard or soft i push on it. The left side works normal, stays on until i turn it off or just the three blink option. I haven't seen this...
  7. J

Popping noises when turning?

I have a 2013 explorer with the same pop noise on a turn, sounds like its coming from the drivers side. can anyone post part numbers or photos of the plate or skin area that was either welded or bolted for the fixx?
  8. J

Oil Found In Air Filter

Thanks for the follow up, i wasnt sure if the tube itself was also a problem. ill wait for the new valve cover to compare the two and see what the re designed baffle looks like. stan
  9. J

Oil Found In Air Filter

i just saw this and have the same problem. i ordered latest valve cover BR3Z-6582-R, which the parts rep at TASCA Ford said was the latest design. Do i also need to replace the PCV Tube with an updated one?
  10. J

Factory Tow Hitch Kit for Gen 5 Explorer c/w Video

Hitch size Is the hitch set for a 2 inch receiver?
  11. J

Keyless Entry (Securicode) Door Pad Not working

what did the door pad replacement run you?
  12. J

45000 on the miles now. I bought it used. The owner before me bought it certified pre owned from Ford and the warrant transfers over to me. Hope you could help
  13. J

Still a Problem Still a problem getting in with door keypad even in dry weather. Ill hit the code several times, hear a click in the system but doors wont unlock. I asked the dealer to check this during a service oil change. he said he did and it was fine.....i think he never looked at it.
  14. J

I recently started having a problem with the keyless entry door pad on my 2013 explorer. I noticed on a rainy cold night that after pressing the code 5 times, the doors would not unlock, The truck went into lock out mode with keypad flashing. After trying it another 5 times, same thing. Finally...
Back