Recent content by k9gold | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by k9gold

1. k9gold

12 inch information display/gauge cluster

Thanks for asking this. I was just coming to the forum to ask the same thing. I searched the owner manual and couldn't find anything about the position of the speedometer. Thanks again!
  2. Trooperfield0001

Trooperfield0001

3. DSCN0670

DSCN0670

4. DSCN0671

DSCN0671

5. DSCN0674

DSCN0674

6. Explorer

Explorer

pictures of Explorers I own or owned
  7. k9gold

2017 Explorer workaround needed to bypass Auto Engine Off

The "Auto Engine Off" works fine. However you have to remember that it resets itself back to the factory setting each time you turn the car off. I always make a habit of checking it when I want to leave the vehicle running.
  8. k9gold

2016 Explorer Transmission troubles

I would buy another and am sure I will buy another. This is my second Explorer and I love it. I figure you can't produce so many vehicle of any brand without having a few with problems. My last Explorer never had a problem. The service department person that I dealt with could have done...
  9. k9gold

We were leaving our house. Small country residential road going about 35 miles an hour. Slowed to go around a very sharp corner when we went to accelerate after corner and it would not go out of 1st gear, wrench light etc. No sound, no grinding nothing except for engine rev until you...
  10. k9gold

Here is other posts on several with transmission problems including mine http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/transmission-trouble.447626/
  11. k9gold

Thanks for mentioning my avatar. :) It's a picture of my past Golden who was an American and Canadian Champion. We lived in Alaska for 22 years so I traveled into Canada at least three times a year. Loved the people I met and showing in Canada. When I picked up my Explorer I asked for a copy...
  12. k9gold

Got my Explorer back Friday. Towed 7/11/16 picked up 7/29/16. First let me say the transmission works just as it did when it was new. I was a little worried after reading Jmcdorman post about hard shifting. Mine shifts great just like new. There isn't a TBS on this it is a SSM (Special...
  13. k9gold

Well I am into a rental, Explorer and my transmission is being rebuilt. Apparently this is a problem and Ford has issued a TSB according to my service department TSB 45713 (if I copied number down right). It was just issued at the beginning of this month. I will try to get a copy when I pick...
  14. k9gold

Well I'll update on the little I know. Friday at 4:30 I called and was told that it was the main drum that had to be replaced. I had 1st gear and 4th gear. That was all the info that I got out of them. For some reason the person that I must deal with has decided that I don't really deserve...
  15. k9gold

I have the Premium Care ESP. I was told I couldn't get a rental until they had diagnosed the transmission and knew what parts were needed and how long it would take. I knew that it would take some time to work the vehicle in. They said they would start on it Tuesday afternoon. I figured that...
Back