Recent content by Karpiel73 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Karpiel73

1. K

2nd Gen Stock Roof Rail Interchangeability

I am looking at possibly purchasing a 2nd gen 4 door. I currently have a 2001 Sport with a bunch of roof accessories. Can the Sport/Sport Trac roof rails be moved over to a 2nd gen?
  2. K

5r55e Fluid Level after VB Swap??

So this entire assembly is removed? Does the keeper under the separator plate stay in? I appreciate the responses too!
  3. K

How much lower are the trans temps after this? Are there any ill affects? The entire reason I did a vb swap was for the thermal bypass valve that comes in a superior shift kit. I still have high temps after installing it.
  4. K

Thanks for the replies, thankfully I have another vehicle to drive while I figured this out. At night with a flashlight is the only time I'm able to read the dipstick accurately, as funny as that sounds. But I finally found the correct level.
  5. K

4wd. It does have the auxiliary trans cooler too. It baffles me because it was dry at operating temp.
  6. K

I'll keep this brief. I did a VB swap recently and added 5qts of tranny fluid, then kept adding fluid in 1/2qt increments until the level appeared good (all while at operating temp). In total I added 7qts. It began banging into 2nd while downshifting. So I checked the fluid level after the...
  7. K

June EF Lottery

February 20 2019. One of many storms we got this year in Utah!
  8. K

2019 Ranger Recall

Just an FYI for Ranger owners. Ford Motor Company Issues Recall for Select 2019 Ranger Vehicles to Verify Shifter Interlock Functionality | Ford Media Center
  9. K

Smittybilt XL Rooftop Tent w/ Pictures

Got the fairing done today...what a pain in the a$$ that was to do! But i am very happy with it.
  10. K

Finally got the tent on the roof and i cant wait to use it! We all climbed in it and moved around a little and the stock rack held up with no issues (roughly 620lbs on the roof at that point)! Now all i need to do is fabricate a fairing.
  11. K

How to disconnect FRONT FUEL CONNECTION beside engine? With pics

Thank you shucker! I didn't realize i could use a disconnect tool like the ones for fuel filters on this connection :rolleyes: It came right out. We all ask dumb questions from time to time...right? lol
  12. K

I need this back on the road saturday and I'd be hugely grateful if someone explained how.
  13. K

How does someone disconnect this?? Just man up and pull? 2001 Sport. Its an early model 4.0 (basically a year 2000 engine with 2001 body style)
  14. K

I was like a kid on Christmas morning once i got it home! Yes it is the XL and I'm pretty sure they make an annex room for it, but that will come later on, along with all the other little accessories. Someone also suggested humidity packs to reduce/eliminate condensation inside when its closed...
  15. K

The tent showed up a few weeks ago and needless to say, its a big one!! Also below is my crossbar setup. I'll be fabricating a wind fairing as well, so once thats complete i will post the setup. Be prepared though, its going to take up 90% of the roof! Lol
Back