Recent content by KayGee | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by KayGee

1. K

Ford Explorer: Are Your Rear Brakes Dragging... Most Likely Yes!

I watched several videos from YouTubers with large numbers of views that said it was totally fine to spray brake pads down with wd40. It also stops them from squealing. You should embrace the "influencers"...
  2. K

Safe floor jack points

For those that have very smooth or painted garage floors that allow ramps to slide, there are many ways to mitigate that. Cheap rubber floor mats are one. Companies often throw out worn floor mats or you can buy them cheap at flea markets. Try to find the softer commercial ones that don't...
  3. K

2013 Ford Police Interceptor Utility (Front End Popping/Clunking)

Is it a pop pop, a pop pop pop, or a pop pop a doo bop? Anyway, as I'm sure you can see from the responses you got, suspension noises are not going to be real easy to diagnose by a description of the sound and people often end up just replacing a bunch of stuff hoping to hit on the right part...
  4. K

Safe floor jack points

Why not just get a set of ramps for oil changes? It is way easier than jacking. As for those looking for jack points for other work, just choose a suitable subframe area depending on what you are working on. You can also jack on the lower control arms if needed. Jack stands can be placed...
  5. K

Corroded Battery Terminal / Cable

I have used permatex battery protector sealer and spray for many, many years and never had any battery problems like I see reported here. If you think it may be overcharging, maybe use forscan to confirm correct battery setting and charge strategy is employed and reset/relearn the battery...
  6. K

What if the battery is already fully charged and the smart charging strategy only commands a 12.9v float charge while engine is running?
  7. K

IDS Request

$145 seems high. I think I paid $60. TSB ssm 47350 https://ford.oemdtc.com/3341/enabling-remote-keyless-entry-rke-2016-2018-ford-explorer-police-utility https://m.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Explorer/2018/tsbs/tsb-ssm-47350.shtml
  8. K

IDS Request

Have you tried another ford or Lincoln dealer? If you activated rke via forscan, just print the instructions for remote programming from the tsb and go to another dealer.
  9. K

Have you tried a terminal cleaner and a terminal protector spray from the auto parts store?
  10. K

rear hatch release from interior

The hatch button on the remote is just a lock/unlock, not a latch release. The outside latch release is just a push button. Why not add a similar button to the inside? You would still need to unlock from the remote and then just hit the button and push the hatch open. I don't think I've had...
  11. K

2017 Sport White/Blue Smoke on Startup/Acceleration

Please share. In an oem eb setup, driver is either on or off boost depending on their right foot. If the op has a problem with oil smoke at startup and while driving, getting on the motor is probably not the best advice. If it were my vehicle, I'd try not to overwork the motor and get exhaust...
  12. K

2017 Sport White/Blue Smoke on Startup/Acceleration

You can do a leakdown test to check for worn rings/scored cylinders/blowby. Could also pull plugs and get a camera in there for visual inspection of cylinder walls. You may have seal issues with turbos. Crankcase pressure could be high causing excess oil/vapor into intake. Oil leak past...
  13. K

Sync usb and aux on non sync radio

No. I said there are different options for plates and you can get a plate that matches the inputs you have. If you don't have sync, you can add aux as mentioned above. Jason/pimods has a kit to add aux if you want to go that route. Alternatively, you can use the plate with both holes and...
  14. K

Sync usb and aux on non sync radio

The small plate with the inputs is removable and you would want to get one with the ports to match what was on your original/partial center console from your 2014. I believe there are a few options for plates and you will probably need a blank one if you have no USB or aux on your 2014...
  15. K

Have you checked your PTU fluid level/replaced your fluid?

It's about a pint or less, not a quart.
Back