Recent content by KonaExplorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by KonaExplorer

1. K

Adding deleted rear hvac and heated seat controls

My 2022 Explorer LTD, as with most, did not arrive with the 2nd Row Climate Controls installed. I was told that Ford would contact me in 6 to 9 months (I took posession July 2022). I have not received any word on the provision of this control panel. Can anyone provide me an update? Thank you.
  2. K

Ordered 2022 Ford Explorer Limited

Thank you Peter, That is a relief, my Ford salesman is very unresponsive...
  3. K

Ordered 2022 Ford Explorer Limited

Did you have any issues with particulr features being removed from the vehicle? If so, will they follow up with correcting the missing items once I assume computer chips are available? I ask because my Order Sheet states, under Optional Equipment, the following items removed
  4. K

Upgrading from MFT/Sync 2 to Sync 3

I've just upgraded my 2011 Explorer from sync2 to sync3. It was very straight forward and everything seems to be working as it should. Jason at fordpimods.com made it an easy cut and paste.
  5. K

APIM, extended warranty by ford

My APIM was working very well until 2 weeks ago and is now dead. The APIM replacement period has now expired on my 2011. Is there any way to get Ford to honor the replacement or am I stuck paying $1000+ on their faulty equipment? Marc
  6. K

Bad Radio Reception, Especially AM

I would agree with you guys. It is quite the coincidence though after 41/2 years. The only thing I can think of is that some New batteries have electronics in them. Not just lead and acid. I dunno but happy my radio is 100%, coincidence or not.
  7. K

Bad Radio Reception, Especially AM

AM reception repaired!! My AM reception has been absolutely terrible since I received my vehicle in March 2011. FM and Sirius were always fine. All hookups were fine. I had given up. So last week I had a dead battery. Testing revealed only 7v and at least one dead cell. I replaced the...
  8. K

TSB 13-9-6, 2013 Explorer PTU Vent Hose Leak

By the way, my 2011 has developed this issue and is going in for repair on Tuesday.
  9. K

2011 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD. Noise in the front wheel.

Sounds similar to my issue in the front drivers side. It makes clunky noises each and every turn, including bumps. I was told that it is a bad bearing in the strut assembly. I'm scheduled for repair on Wednesday and will provide an update.
  10. K

Mobile Internet Issue

Has anyone had any luck with ANY usb internet sticks yet???
  11. K

Next major revision of MFT is April of 2012?

Notice how no Ford employees answer to controversial items such as these!!!
  12. K

MFT 2.8 dare I say? ... Rocks!

Where is it written that these updates are free for a certain period? My dealer insists on a $70+ dollar install. Thanks in advance.
  13. K

Mobile Internet Issue

Any luck with the Rocket stick on v2.7?
  14. K

OEM Hankook Tires, Like or Dislike

I've had my new Explorer since the end of February. Since then I have dealt with two good snow storms. During the first I was on a hill following a school bus and three pickups. As we climbed I had to stop three times to let the school bus and two pickups turn around and go back down the hill...
Back