Recent content by krlefevra | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by krlefevra

1. K

4.0 OHV Performance Build - An extremely capable daily!

What I'm saying is that I can change the install height and increase it from 1.6 to 1.630. That would give me the full .060." The problem with doing this is the decrease in seat pressure. It's 130 right now. that would take it down to 120 or so. That may be too low for the cam profile. I...
  2. K

In my experience, in an engine that isn't running forced induction and isn't going to be running max RPMs for long periods of time, .030" should be sufficient. But I did factor in the extra clearance. Although, I do find it hard to believe that they haven't included any safety margin in the...
  3. K

Here is the Block after it was torn down; And on to the 'Boring' Work!
  4. K

I have already purchased the heavy duty gaskets and ARP head studs. I have also already ported the heads and of course removed the bolt boss' inside the ports. I will take a look at those valves and see what I can do. I tried to find oversized valves initially and finding the valves wasn't...
  5. K

I'm still a bit confused about how the 988 springs would have worked.... The installed height of the springs from the factory was only about 1.580"-1.590" I modified the cylinder heads to have an even 1.600". But with the rocker ratio and cam, the lift is .601". That's cutting it pretty...
  6. K

The rockers are an entire kit with a mounting pedestal and locking set screws and the roller rockers are lubricated through the provided lifters and hollow pushrods. I decided on this setup because the original engine that I disassembled (like many 4.0 OHVs) had a lot of ware on the factory...
  7. K

Hello, Let me preface this post by saying that this is my first ever post in a forum, so if I'm doing something wrong, let me know. This thread is a follow-along of the build for my 1994 Explorer XLT 4.0 OHV. I just figured that other 1st gen enthusiast, like myself, would enjoy seeing my...
Back