Recent content by Kyle K. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Kyle K.

1. K

2004 Ranger 4WD alignment

After I discussed this at work, my theory is the control arm is at the ideal neutral position from the factory and since it is shorter than the lower control arm, once the torsion bar is cranked (or a leveling torsion key installed) it now rests already in the downstroke. The idea being that on...
  2. K

2004 Ranger 4WD alignment

Hey all, I joined in 1999 with my jacked up Explorer, haven't been on in a while. Daughter now has a 2004 Ranger 4x4 that needs an alignment. These questions have probably been asked a few different ways, and I'm finding helpful info, but... My experience has been a lifted vehicle will have...
  3. K

WANTED 1st gen Explorer Lift parts!

big lift? Hey JD. I have a set of Superlift 5.5" brackets and national spring 6.5" coils and a drop pitman arm that I installed years ago - (SOA in the rear) but have never used. Unfortunately I blew the motor and while waiting to get cash to rebuild i did the suspension, but the project went...
  4. K

5 speed tranny update

Hey guys, Haven't been on in a while - quick question, if I have a 91 X and I blew the engine. I was able to get a 97 engine for a deal. The 97 crank has a different bolt pattern than the 91 did, so to put it together, will I need a 97 pressure plate with a 91 clutch? Or will the whole 97...
  5. K

Engine swap / tranny ?

spline count and diameter The reason i was asking is because although i am sure the 97 flywheel will bolt up i wasn't sure if the thickness, and the spline count and shaft diameter were also going to work
  6. K

Engine swap / tranny ?

anyone? C'mon guys someones gotta know the answer to this question. Until I know I can't go any further with my engine replacement.
  7. K

SOA?

SOAeasy When I did mine all I bought was a set of spring perches from moroso. I think they were in the Summit racing catalog. It was like $17.00 plus shipping. All you need now is a welding machine or a welder with sense enough not to burn through your axle tube.
  8. K

Engine swap / tranny ?

Hey guys been a while since I've been on, been working and busy buying a house ( watches money fly away ). Anyway finally ready to replace my 91 4.0 with the 97 4.0 I have and pulled the clutch off the 91 engine only to find that the crank has 6 bolts where the crank on the 97 engine (which had...
  9. K

Shock question

Hey guys, I have a set of Rancho RS9012's about 13" of travel with the 5 position adjustments and I'm working on a custom suspension, the compression on these shocks is much softer than the rebound. I haven't done any serious work on any 4x4's for a couple years now, anyway, do I want the...
  10. K

Serpentine pulley removal and/or replacement

Thanx THanx guys, 'preciate the info i'll get the puller from autozen when i get the bracket back, i already have a new pump and pulley, the new pump has the crack in it and the old pump doesn't so i am swapping the pulley onto the new pump, but since i am takin things apart i am sending the...
  11. K

Serpentine pulley removal and/or replacement

Hey guys, gettin the new engine ready for install and i have a cracked pulley on my power steering pump. How does one remove the pulley from the P/S pump, i guess the install is gonna be the reverse, i just don't see bolt holes or the usual items one normally uses to pull a pulley off with...
  12. K

Headers, and valve covers

BUMP
  13. K

Any 5.5 lift for front only?

Seperate puchase Yes it is possible, i bought my 5.5 " front brackets and drop pitman arm from superlift and then i gusseted and rewelded the brackets, i bought my springs from national for my truck .. 6.5" lift, and i did my own SOA in the rear and added my own 8" shackles. So yes it is...
  14. K

Headers, and valve covers

Hey guys, got my engine finally to replace the one with teh cracked head, i want to make it nice and clean when i reinstall and was wondering 2 things. 1) what are we paying for Borlas headers nowadays? do we get any kinda group discount or what ever, does one of our benefactors :p have a sale...
  15. K

Tranny ID

Hey never heard of the creature. What makes you say that? Also is there somehwere on the tranny case i can look for a code that tells me? thanx dodgerr
Back