Recent content by Lantz | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Lantz

1. L

2018 Explorer

I agree with all of this ^^^^ Hopefully when the redesign comes out, these things will be addressed. Its like they took the sunroof from the Edge and turned it around in the Explorer (larger pane is in the front and smaller pane in the back on the Edge). One thing that bothers me the most about...
  2. L

2018 Explorer

UPDATE: if you read this person's post about his pictures, you'll see that it says his neighbor works for Ford Motor Company, but I think he got a new job at GM because that is definitely the new 2018 Traverse. Here is the proof: http://www.chevrolet.com/all-new-2018-traverse I knew that...
  3. L

2018 Explorer

I don't know man...I'm pretty skeptical. Ford doesn't have a single model in their lineup with wheel well arches like that (all of them are round, not flat at the top). The grill looks very Cadillac-ish. I feel like with the all new redesign of the Expedition that Ford will be going in this...
  4. L

2018 Explorer

I hope that's not an explorer. :O It looks like some kind of Toyota Highlander/Cadillac hybrid. Ew.
  5. L

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

Unfortunately, the only way I solved it was by buying a hood deflector. Luckily since yours is black (like mine), it won't be as noticeable. I thought it looked hideous at first, but its grown on me. It definitely looks better than corroded aluminum, which paint correction will not fix. I think...
  6. L

Smoother Ride Limited or Sport? Cool seats worth it?

I have just the regular 3.5 and get about 16 mpg, but I drive pretty hard and mine is one of the older models. The ride is really smooth even after all these years (mines a 2012). I can't tell you much about the sport because I've never driven one. Anytime someone gets in my car for the first...
  7. L

2019-2020 Explorer spotted?

Hahaha they thought possibly an Excursion. I don't know though, I think it could be the next gen Ex. The shell might look like the current gen, but everything underneath it could be brand spankin new! who knows
  8. L

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Did you figure out a way to get this alarm to work? I think this is a very useful feature that I wish Fords had!
  9. L

5th Generation Cleaning, Detailing, Waxing. #CleanCarDay - Show off your cleaned Ex

If I had a little Mustang, then yeah, that would be expensive to clay bar, but a vehicle this big takes a very long time. I think it's worth it. It's reusable, so it's not like I'm getting a couple of uses out of it and then throwing it away. I guess it could be a different story for you though...
  10. L

5th Generation Cleaning, Detailing, Waxing. #CleanCarDay - Show off your cleaned Ex

I have a clay bar "disc" by Chemical Guys that attaches to a random orbital that I use. Cuts down time tremendously!!! It's harder to use in tight spots, but it does great on the doors and hood. Definitely recommend if you hate clay baring like me lol and its reusable (which is also great if you...
  11. L

2018 Explorer

The new fogs don't look bad, but they make me think of a Hyundai Santa Fe's fogs. The wheels are horrible. I don't understand why they still don't offer all black wheels considering they put high gloss black on everything else with the sport??? The quad exhaust look very aftermarket like...
  12. L

Aftermarket wheels

I really like the second set. It makes the Ex look really clean. I agree with supr squirrel about painting the calipers too for this type of wheel. The first set looks alright but kind of busy imo.
  13. L

Aluminum hoods now covered for 5 yrs, unlimited miles

I doubt anything will come of it for previous years. I just installed a hood deflector, which I am NOT a fan of, this weekend to cover the chipping. It looks better than the aluminum showing, and its also a good thing that my EX is black so that its not as obvious there is a hood deflector on...
  14. L

Aluminum hoods now covered for 5 yrs, unlimited miles

So this only applies to 16 year models and up?
Back