Recent content by Lhymes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Lhymes

1. L

Moonroof noise - seal

My 2020 had crazy bubbling noises during/after rain. Didn’t ever see any water, but was told it was a bad seal and leak.
  2. L

Cant find an ST in the configuration I want

Ahh you’re right. It took a while to find a decent picture between the second row captain’s chairs, but it does have a very low-profile center console on the ground with 2 cup holders and a small bin. I was wrong about the bench having 2 cup holders that weren’t available in the captain’s...
  3. L

Some questions on a 2021 Ford Explorer Purchase

I’m referring to a like-configuration. I switched from a 2020 to a 2021 Platinum due to a bunch of little issues compounded. After a lot of work I was able to finally find an exact-same configuration as my previous vehicle (specing the panoramic roof, tech package, second row bench, tri-coat...
  4. L

Funny enough you ask this. The higher end Explorer’s MSRP actually went down by around $1500 going from 2020 to 2021 for an equally speced vehicle.
  5. L

Explorer EV Coming

Personally, I really do like electric vehicles and love a lot of the capabilities they bring. That said, I have a few major concerns that I plan on waiting a while to be resolved. In due time, I really feel like they will be much better for the environment than gas engines, and I like that, but...
  6. L

The bench is significantly wider in the newest gen thanks to the wider wheelbase and with the new split configuration, all 3 seats are very usable. Additionally, the left and right seat have pretty much all the functionality of captain’s chairs with forward-backward and recline adjustment, while...
  7. L

The second row bench is amazing in the current gen Explorers, but it’s such a unicorn option for some reason. I had to hunt high and low to find an Explorer configuration that was exactly what I was looking for and I was only able to secure it cause the dealership owner had put some miles on it...
  8. L

Yeah, not exactly sure why the snippy response. My point is if someone is hung up on going the luxury route or slightly better performance route, they can spend $500 and get the best of both worlds. The comparison of going with a Porsche GT3 RS is so far out there in comparison that I'm a bit...
  9. L

You can always get a tune on the Platinum to match/beat the performance of the stock ST.
  10. L

Went from a 2020 Platinum to a 2021. Surprised by all the changes

My bad I mean’t I now have 21” wheels. Had 20”.
  11. L

Went from a 2020 Platinum to a 2021. Surprised by all the changes

Long backstory story short, I had some issues with my 2020. Absolutely love the Explorer, so wanted to stick with a like-vehicle, so I ended up in a 2021 that was identically speced with the exception of the wheels being 21” vs 20” on my old ride. I’m surprised with how many refinements had...
  12. L

Platinum seat back fraying badly, Ford can’t supply part

Well, my Explorer is still in for service. It’s been about 4 weeks. They can’t resolve an engine noise. The seatback still hasn’t been dealt with either. Not sure what the deal is with pursuing the lemon law in Florida, but this is getting crazy.
  13. L

According to the systems, apparently the part is not discontinued and should be manufactured for repair purposes, but who knows to be honest. It’s kinda crazy having to deal with a situation like this - a part for a brand new vehicle is no longer available for repairs. Like wtf. In the end if...
  14. L

Well, I ended up staying on the phone with the Ford rep after she called the dealership. She took 15 minutes before getting back on the line with me and essentially explaining the situation as I had explained it to her. After, as kindly as I could muster, I explained that I am not angry with her...
  15. L

Dang that’s a real shame. Wonder if there any channels for getting in touch someone besides raising a stink on their published number. There really isn’t any place to put glue where I don’t think it will soak into the embroidery and make it look wore in a different way. If I cut the thread it...
Back