Recent content by Liam Moonan | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Liam Moonan

1. L

Need Keyless Entry 1993 Ford Explorer XLT Help...

In my vehicle, in the Left rear quarter panel there are three 'dummy' plugs that aren't connected to anything. On all the videos I've seen the plugs are in behind the glovebox. Nothing is behind the glovebox in my car though. I'm assuming the plug is one of the 'dummies' in the back but don't...
  2. L

Need the wiring diagram for under the dash/steering column 1993

Dang, I hadn't even noticed that blown wire. If I undo the splicing all together do you think that will solve anything? Also an update, the 4x4 works now but the power mirrors don't. The 4x4 problem was unrelated, it was the shift motor.
  3. L

1993 Ford Explorer XLT Fuel Gauge Not Working

Thanks for the reply. In order to do the test with the ohm meter, do you have to drop the tank, or is the wiring visible from under the car? I would go check but it is currently 12°F and snowing lol. I may have to wait till spring to work on it haha.
  4. L

Need Keyless Entry 1993 Ford Explorer XLT Help...

So I recently discovered an 'Anti-Theft' light on my dash. It doesn't light up but it's there and has a bulb in the socket, so at one point it did light up. But from what I've read that means you have a keyless entry system installed. It is a 1993 Ford Explorer XLT model, and when I bought it...
  5. L

1993 Ford Explorer XLT Fuel Gauge Not Working

Hi, the fuel gauge on my 1993 Ford explorer xlt hasn't been working for quite some time. I bought it in late August, and the previous owner said he got the fuel pump replaced 3-4 years ago, and when he got it back the fuel gauge stopped working. I believe it has to do with the wiring in the tank...
  6. L

Need Help Installing Aftermarket Radio in 1993 Explorer with JBL System

Hello, I need help installing a new aftermarket stereo in my 1993 Ford Explorer XLT with the JBL audio system. I just want to be able to put the head unit in without messing around with the amplifier. I know you need an adapter, but I am not sure which one. If anyone can tell me how to hook one...
  7. L

How do I remove the air vent and 4x4 control?

How do I remove that panel so I can replace the 4x4 button? I have a 1993 Ford explorer XLT
  8. L

Radio/Amplifier Sound issues

lol you're right. I got my sister's old car stereo and it looks like a perfect fit, but the plugs don't match up. It has a CD player lol. Is there an adapter or something I need? Thanks
  9. L

Radio/Amplifier Sound issues

I need some help trying to figure out what's wrong with my radio on my 1993 Ford explorer XLT (which is part number f2df 18k817 bf). A couple weeks ago it just stopped making sound, but I discovered if you pump the volume all the way up and hold your ear to the speaker, you can hear what's...
  10. L

Yes, they're crystal clear. I'll look into the G204 thing, that's probably it. I do think it's a grounding issue somewhere because my gas gauge doesn't work either, and the previous owner got a new fuel pump put in a few years ago, and the gauge was working fine and then it stopped a year later...
  11. L

I recently discovered a few wires down there that have been cut (from what I can see two red and a ground wire), and was wondering where they led, because my power mirrors don't work, and neither does the 4x4 switch, so I was wondering if they were related in any way. Here are some pictures:
  12. L

Hi, I need the the diagram for the wires down under the dash and steering wheel and near the pedals for a 1993 Ford Explorer XLT, I can't find it anywhere. Thanks in advance, Liam
  13. L

1993 Ford Explorer XLT, Possible electrical problem

UPDATE: I believe I have found the possible culprit for all these issues. This afternoon I dropped my wallet down by the pedals, and I spotted three cut wires, 2 are red, and a black ground wire connected to the dashboard frame, but there might be others. I got so mad when I saw these lol. I...
  14. L

1993 Ford Explorer XLT, Possible electrical problem

Thanks for the responses. I spent my weekend tracking down every last ground wire in the engine compartment and cleaning the bolts, grounding surface, and the wire contacts. A majority of them were green with corrosion, but I cleaned all the grounding surfaces just to be safe. Unfortunately...
Back