Recent content by Lightn95 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Lightn95

1. L

Upgrading 2013 FPIU radio to touchscreen GPS?

Curious to see if anyone has done this...
  2. L

Cargo area tie downs

Mine has a blank cover over where the tie down would be..
  3. L

Cargo area tie downs

Yup... That's them. Aren't they bolted down under the panel? I don't think they are part of the plastic interior panels...
  4. L

Cargo area tie downs

My '13 PIU had to go to the dealer for another recall. The dealer gave me a '19 XLT as a loaner. I noticed it had 4 tie downs in floor of the cargo area. One near either wheel well and 2 in the back by the hatch. My PIU doesn't have any. Does anyone know the part number for them? I also...
  5. L

Question about front seats

$2-2.5k USD? that's ridiculous! I paid $800 for all of mine out of a yard and they were installed within 4 hrs.
  6. L

Question about front seats

Yes it's a simple bolt in swap. Try to find '13 and up seats. The '11/'12 seats belts are differnt and you'll run into some wiring and sensor issues...
  7. L

Water Leak

Sounds like I'm not the only one that thinks these are POS's ....
  8. L

Possible to Supercharge the 3.7L Engine?

Your issues are going to be real estate. Pro Chargers and Vortech are centrifugal super chargers. They're belt driven. They need to be mounted in the front of the motor. Something like an Eaton might be "better" off, still belt driven, but they have a snout and they're mounted on top of the...
  9. L

Water Leak

"Excellent"?...... hardley.....plus trans fluid from ford that breaks down, PTU fluid that needs to be changed every 30k, water leak in the rear, etc etc...... Don't think I'd use the word "excellent" to describe it....
  10. L

Water Leak

Lol...yeah they all would have no problems if they just sat in the driveway and didn't get used. I drive mine and I can't believe the amount of issues they have.... And mine only has 60k on it....
  11. L

Water Leak

Yeah, I have to agree, these Explorers really do have a lot of BS issues. They are sharp looking but they really are POS...
  12. L

Center Console for Ford Explorer Police Interceptor

There's 2 bolts on the back side in the upper corners that hold them in. Just unbolt it....
  13. L

Wiring Connector for Center Console

How many wires are you using? When I did mine I think I only used like 4. I did keep the column shifter and the power point wired I jump off the ones in the dash. I think the only ones I used had to deal with the lights in the compartments. I don't have the AUX OR SYNC either.
  14. L

Problem with that is you can't get new pins. You also can't reuse the original pins so your going to be in the same position your are now...
  15. L

It's the same style plug as the one for the seats. But different pin sizes. You can't buy just the male or female plug from the dealer. ( ask me how i know ) you can either cut one out from a yard and de-pin it. But then you can't get new pins from the dealer ( ask me how i know ). Or you can...
Back