Recent content by lincolnshibuya | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by lincolnshibuya

1. L

Another faulty instrument cluster thread...

I have an 04 that started showing this instrument cluster failure symptoms, dashes on the odometer/trip display, no speedo and tach, no coolant temp. There are times it works but majority of times it doesn't. I'm thinking of looking in the junkyard to swap it but I think I can't simply do that...
  2. L

oil pan gasket replacement 4.6L

thanks, that make sense.. I was thinking of removing the front axle too (AWD) that would simplify it..
  3. L

oil pan gasket replacement 4.6L

anybody did the replacement ? should I raise the engine or remove the subframe and differential/suspension down under?
  4. L

Fuse blowing for accessory. Radio / Windows won't work

fuse 17 is also used by the transfer case, check the wiring or unplug it and check it the fuse still blows.. I'd check both front doors if the wiring harness boot doesn't have any frayed wires.
  5. L

03 Mountaineer running rich only at idle, any throttle and it gets to almost 0

what's "I am running at -13 to -15 only idle" ? so LTFT is 0 and STFT is +- 4? getting confused with the numbers.. if this is your current number then nothing to worry about, it's normal wear on the parts.. it if goes beyond the acceptable range it will trigger a code and possibly a misfire...
  6. L

03 Mountaineer running rich only at idle, any throttle and it gets to almost 0

could be more gas/fuel and/or less air coming in.. so check for leaking injectors, thermostat (not sure about this since you say fuel trims go to normal when at throttle), clog in air intake (dirty MAF and/or air filter), clogged exhaust (will cause intake air to be clogged too) what's your...
  7. L

Rear hub bearing

could be your parking brake shoes disintegrating that's why it's grinding. wheel bearings will howl and will cause vibrations if in really bad shape, my wife drive mine for years before I replaced the bearings (she thought it's normal until it started to have vibrations)
  8. L

P0430 code. 02 sensor locations?

sometimes the p0430 codes will go away if you just drive the car longer, I have that sometimes show up on my 98 lincoln continental and I believe it's just moisture/corrosion buildup on the sensor when it's not driven a lot.. I'll try reset/clear it first before replacing the downstream 02 sensor.
  9. L

what is causing misfire codes?

next is to swap plugs, if result is the same, swap the injectors, if result is the same do a compression test if the compression test showed something (specific to a cylinder - low compression) then do a cylinder leak down test to figure out if you have bad intake/exhaust valve or possibly a...
  10. L

what is causing misfire codes?

swap the coils 2 and 3 with 1 and 4, if the code changes to p301 and p304 then you need to change the coils.
  11. L

Used Explorer Problems

those 2 codes are related so fixing one could clear it. the viscous coupler on AWD could fail and cause binding to the front wheels that's why the front driveshaft needs to be removed. It might also be an issue with the front differential and either way it requires some fixing.. hope you didn't...
  12. L

Can you help me diagnose problem via FORScan w/ Laptop?

on the Oscilloscope section when you hit the PIDs (gear icon) select the Control PIDs instead of Read, it will show you the options to control.. It started to rain so I have to wrap it up.. didn't find the ratch value yet on Forscan.
  13. L

I'll try running my Forscan this weekend to check out where that test is, it should be warm enough to do the test outside the garage. It's been a long time since I have used it for my mountaineer, it's been the navigator everytime I used it.
  14. L

FORScan forum • View topic - EATC climate control active test - problem if you click on the IAC Quick Test it will show you options for testing. I think the OTM (output test mode) has lots of useful goodies too to play with..
  15. L

doesn't look like a vacuum leak IMO.. could be an issue with the IAC and/or MAF. Vacuum leaks tends to make the STFT very high on idle and go down to 0 when at high rpm (you only need vacuum on idle) have you tried disconnecting the MAF when it's high idling? also try check if you can do an...
Back