Recent content by Littleant | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Littleant

1. L

Timing chain issue

Fix4dirt is right on the money. My question is how long after the fix did the engine make a noise and stopped running?? Also what type of noise did the engine make?
  2. L

DEAD AS A DOORNAIL, whatever that means, lol

Love simple fixes 👍 minus 30 up in Vermont today 🥶🥶🥶🥶
  3. L

Radiator Leak Went Away

I don't envy you. I am way passed trying to work on these new vehicles with all the computer and electronics. Back in the day I could drop a ford C4-C6 Mopar torqueflite and have it back in the vehicle in 2 hours. Best of luck on your ASE certification you will get it. Your toughest decision...
  4. L

Radiator Leak Went Away

Could not agree more👍If my 2010 mountaineer 4.0 with 86,000 miles is a 1/16th of a qt low on oil I add it. Did auto repair for 30 years (started early 70's). Now at 69 I am to damn old to pull the engine. Why temp fate. 1/2 qt of water/antifreeze and I add it. Yes I am extremely you know what 🙄...
  5. L

Radiator Leak Went Away

Agree. You can only get lucky so many times. Overheats again takes out a head gasket or worse 🤔
  6. L

Lead in a direction Cranking no start

OMG I am 69 and I want to soooooo much go back. Things made sense then (at least I think so) now not so much. Thank you for the stroll back in time. 👍👍👍👍
  7. L

To be honest I was not paying attention to the fuel pump. But I may have figured it out. Had a 1960's brain f***.Beings it was 5 below I pumped the accelerator and held the pedal down and I believe that caused the no start (I think there setup to do that. Back in the 60s you would press the...
  8. L

2010 mountaineer 4.0. went out this morning engine would crank (turning over just fine) but no start. Turned key off and tried again same would turn over no start. Waited a bit tried again and it started right up. Did some errands and it ran fine no issues. Did shut it down at my stops and it...
  9. L

Recent Repair Shop costs since purchasing 2010 4.6L 6R80 with 132k for $3500

94 Eddie purchased 3 gt of XL-12 when it was available. But cannot find it anymore. Just want to confirm Mercon LV is the right fluid to use now for my 2010 mountaineer 4.0 transfer case. Thanks
  10. L

External timing tensioners on the 4.0

Agree thank you
  11. L

External timing tensioners on the 4.0

2010 mountaineer 4.0. 86,000 miles. Change oil every 3,000 miles. Looking down the oil fill cap head is spotless. Still has the original tensioners. Mountaineer can sit 3 months in winter and when started there is no noise. That brings up the question should I change them or wait until I hear...
  12. L

2004 Explorer hits 200,000 miles!!!

🤣🤣🤣👍
  13. L

Weird !!! Stalling Sputtering problem 2004 Explorer XLT 6 Cyl 4.0L

Back in the 60's when I had my auto repair shop and it was summer I would say vapor lock on fuel. BUT it's not the 60's anymore oh well.🙄
  14. L

150K Spark Plugs

Thanks 94Eddie. Nice to hear It wasn't anything serious.
Back