Recent content by LoKo498 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by LoKo498

1. L

4.0 SOHC used engine compatability?

I need to get an engine for my 2002 4.0 by 8th Vin is E. What's my options?
  2. L

Overheated Explorer, need help or engine

This is what happened with my 02 XLT & now might need a new engine. I was a idiot, I forgot I had only water in my radiator. It was about 10 degrees below zero with the wind! I started my truck (02 XLT 4.0 V6) and was waiting for the heat to come on. It never did so I just drove it about 5...
  3. L

Loss Of Power Engine Stutter

Think it might be o2 sensor or clogged cat?
  4. L

Overheated... Now dead!

Old post here but I have the same problem. I was a idiot, I forgot I had only water in my radiator. It was about 10 degrees below zero with the wind! I started my truck (02 XLT 4.0 V6) and was waiting for the heat to come on. It never did so I just drove it about 5 min down the road. Meanwhile...
  5. L

How to prime a timing chain tensioner?

Watch "Priming Timing Chain Tensioners 4 0 SOHC Engine" on YouTube I just saw this video cause im changing both my tensioners, 02 xlt. Figured I'd post that here for everyone.
  6. L

Engine Removal on 2002 Explorer

I have a 2002 4.0 V6. I think I might have to pull mine & put in a donor. Any other helpful links out there?
  7. L

2003 Blower motor resistor replacement (easy way)

I changed this on mine last year & it burnt out in about a week. Back to only working on number 4. Any suggestions as to what to do next? I believe all the fuses are OK.
  8. L

Squeak from pully?

I also have a squeak that recently is going on, I think it's because the change of weather with it getting colder. I'm going to change the serpentine belt cause it's about 5 years old then if it's still squeaking, I'll change the pully or the tensioner. I prefer to change the belt instead of...
  9. L

Serpentine Confusion

855K6MK is the correct type!
  10. L

2003 Mountainer Front Diff

They aren't that hard to change. The gear ratio sticker might still be attached to yours but if not there's a door code or just give the vin to the dealer & they can tell you which is the correct kind you have.
  11. L

Ford Explorer 2003 Puddle Light Replacement

So what bulbs are you guys using besides the original? Definitely need to upgrade to a LED to get that bright.
  12. L

Puddle light on 03 Explorer

What bulb are you guys using & anyone have any pics if they redid the plastic under the light?
  13. L

Repair Manual

I just signed up, I'll give it a look when they accept me. Thank you
  14. L

Air Bag Code #34

I'm thinking of cutting the connections under the seat & putting new connectors there. That might be the fix instead of cleaning the connections & playing around with them espically when the new pretensioner is doing the same thing.
  15. L

Air Bag Code #34

I've had the same problem for a while now. I disconnected the wires under the seat, sprayed them all & reconnected them. The light went out for a few minutes then came right back on. I got another pretensioner from another 02 explorer and same thing, the light comes on & doesn't go off!
Back