Recent content by lwrdxsport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by lwrdxsport

1. L

Windshield wipers acting up

i have the same problem on mine only when i turn them off they dont even return to the bottom of the windshield to its hard timing it just right to get them to be at the bottom when they are wiping the fastest.
  2. L

Scott B's 2006 Ranger FX4 Level II

what does level II mean. it may have been answered but im not sure. I am also curious to learn what stage 1 and stage 2 and stage 3 mean? Call me stupid but it is a honest question lol
  3. L

03 x sport engine swap what options do I have??

In the 2003 Sports the only engine offered was the sohc v6 as far as i know. The 4 doors were offered with a v8 but i dont think you can use a motor from an older vehicle because it will not pass the emissions test.
  4. L

03 x sport engine swap what options do I have??

Besides the Sohc V6 that I have, what other options do I have for an engine swap. I want to go V8 but also want to pass smog. What can I do??
  5. L

Y Pipe?

can you take some pictures please?
  6. L

02 sport Sound System

you will not loose functionality with a new head unit if anything you will gain some features. Pioneer makes some great decks adn they sound much better than stock.
  7. L

Considering buying 01 Explorer Sport 4x4, any particular concerns about these?

My timing chain issues started at like 75k. if at all possible you should see if you can drive it before. The timing chain rattle occurs between 2500 and 3000 rpm's. some people have had their motors last for many many miles after the rattle started and haven't had any problems, while others...
  8. L

02 sport Sound System

they are 6x8. it is a pretty standard size in ford and mazda vehicles. if you decide to go with components then you can get an adapter to fit a 6 and a half round speaker but the problem is that they really lack the low bass tones. IMO if you go to components you need to add a sub to get the...
  9. L

Maxxite new member

welcome. You will find alot out about your x by using the search feature and there will probably be someone who has had your problem before.
  10. L

02 rims on 95

it will fit
  11. L

explorer race truck

Thanks alot thats what i was looking for.
  12. L

explorer race truck

I thought i might confuse someone, but I was talking about the front o2's that you guys say i need. If i put them in where they are supposed to be will I get a code because of it. I understand a tune will get rid of the rear o2 sensors.
  13. L

Tinting tips

leave less than an 8th more like a 32nd would look a lot better when its rolled down
  14. L

explorer race truck

ive seen places online that sell o2 sensor dummies i guess you could say and they were between 15 and 40 dollars for the down stream o2's if i were to put the first o2 sensors in their stock location would that cause a problem or is it before the cat and wont cause a problem
  15. L

explorer race truck

ok so i have a 2003 sport 5 speed and i am planning on making it an all out race truck for the strip and i saw they sport on the henson performance explorer i was looking at the exhaust. he made an offroad y pipe and i was wondering if i were to do that what would i have to do with the o2...
Back