Recent content by Magnetic_EX | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Magnetic_EX

1. M

High pitched noise at 55-60 mph

My last update. Dash removed from vehicle to have the airbox replaced. Noise is still there. Ford still can't fix it. After not having my Ex for a month due to it being in the shop I traded it in and bought and different brand truck. Thanks for the help guys. I'm out.
  2. M

Update for those with this noise issue. Dealer has had the truck for 1 week. Swapped the windshield. No improvement. I'm really upset with the windshield being replaced unnecessarily. They went onto diagnose the whistle noise as the air plenum box not having a tight enough seal where the air...
  3. M

Shutting the ac off doesn't help for me. Noise still there.
  4. M

Let's see if this link will work
  5. M

I'm currently living this nightmare. 2017 Ex limited. Anytime speeds are 60-80km and above I get a loud whistle like noise. Tried taping everything all around the windshield and mirrors as mentioned here before resorting to taking it to the dealership. Since then, brought to the dealer...
  6. M

How to start Explorer with a spare / valet key???

Thanks peter. So that key is pretty damn useless in an emergency.
  7. M

How to start Explorer with a spare / valet key???

hey guys I have a 2017 Ford Explorer limited with the keyless entry and remote start. Recently we found ourselves where I had both remote keys and a work while my wife need the EX. We have the spare key!!!! The spare key opens the door in the cylinder however once inside the vehicle it won't...
  8. M

2017 Explorer radio audio clips on and off

UPDATE: Ford fixed it in a few hours. Was simply a wire repair and a new connector. Hopefully it's a good long term fix.
  9. M

Haven't tried another audio source such as the USB, but I did try the satellite radio and the navigation. Both are quiet. if I smash or hit the dash with my hand it's not enough to replicate it. Has to be driven over a speed bump or pothole to do it. In the meantime driving in silence :(...
  10. M

Hello all. Tried a search before posting. I have a 2017 explorer limited. I've had it since November problem free until today. The radio has no audio and randomly comes on. If you go over a speed bump or pot hole the radio comes back on briefly and then goes off again. I've tried...
  11. M

Rear license plate hardware

Post a pic of your issue might help us all understand. I had bought the weather tech covers and returned them as they didn't fit my provinces plate very well. Plate was too long and wide for it.
  12. M

double honk disable/enable with FORscan

If only I could find a member in the Toronto area that could help me apply this mod!!
  13. M

double honk disable/enable with FORscan

The beginning part of this post said not for 2017 models. Has anyone eliminated the double honk on a 2017 explorer?
  14. M

Recommendations for 2nd hand parts in Canada

Try www.car-parts.com (also have an app) It's a website that will allow you to search for any part for all scrap yards in Canada and the USA. I recently used it to buy the police steelies center caps and lugs.
  15. M

Rear license plate hardware

Amazing!! Off to Ford I go!! Not sure why they would cost save on a simple part as that! Glad there is a fix for it.
Back