Recent content by MagneticCharm | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by MagneticCharm

1. M

2016 PIU New Member

Welcome to the site, it looks nice. So does the Lotus... I bet that thing is fun.
  2. M

2016 Ford Explorer XLT (Blue Jeans/Black Leather) - 202A Package

Looks nice... and with the lack of trees in the neighborhood at least you don't have to worry about bird droppings, sap or other tree debris getting on it. ;) Welcome to the forums Chad.
  3. M

Hello from Moscow!

Welcome Popov. I too had a Sierra/Merkur XR4Ti years ago. Fun little car. Lightweight, rear wheel drive and a 2.3L Turbo manual. They didn't get much attention here but I got more than enough attention beating Camaro's and Mustangs stop light to stop light. Of course the Explorer is a completely...
  4. M

Second times a charm! P

Welcome to the site! Better late than never on the Explorer, right? Guessing it's going to need to be repainted if the chips are that bad. Of course if black really isn't your first color choice you could have it vinyl wrapped in another color and that would hide the chips.
  5. M

Intro

Both are beautiful! If you were lucky enough to keep both I'm jealous. I gave up my 08' GT convertible when both of my boys got to the teenage years and couldn't fit in the rear at all.
  6. M

First time exploring

Welcome to the site. Also had a previous Mustang (08' GT Drop top) and a 15' F150 FX4 that was leased. Our Explorers look identical, other than the rims. I'll be painting my grill, roof rails and some of the chrome trim a different color soon. Had planned to do it this past weekend but the...
  7. M

New Fords Coming And Some Going Out...

Not trying to derail the post... Oddly my local PD just put in service a Polaris Razor in department colors, pursuit lighting etc. Similar 'funny' vibe when it goes buzzing by on the roadways. And we're not as 'urban' of an environment as NYC.
  8. M

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Sorry if I have missed previous posts on your rig. The around the window trim is most obvious but I see above the handle trim, fog lamp rings and additional trim on the mirrors? Was it all done at the same time? Do you have close ups of the mirror trim?
  9. M

New Ex

Drummerskey - Not 100% that this will answer all of your questions however this past thread may shed some light: Class III trailer tow package contents
  10. M

How do I set my profile picture?

Braden, Welcome. I believe to set a profile image you must be an 'Elite Explorer'.
  11. M

Last time I hit up my neighborhood Auto Zone they only had black, white and clear.:rant:Stopped in to my local Pep Boys last night and found it. They had the largest assortment of Plasti-Dip of anyplace else in my area. Not sure why I haven't bothered checking there before now. :crazy: I...
  12. M

QuietStorm17 - Thanks. I must admit I have not seen the Luxury Metal colors until now. Per their website, they are calling it either "Selenite Gray Metallic" or "Black Sapphire. I'll see about tracking some down.
  13. M

QuietStorm17 - Is that the gunmetal plasti-dip? If so did you use their metalizer or just straight plasti?
  14. M

Jumped up 10 Years

Congrats on the trade up! Maybe it's time to take a look at a small utility trailer for the branches, leaves and otherwise messy cargo. ;) Does it have the tow package?
  15. M

So long 2013, hello 2015.

I have a similar but reverse issue. I have two yellow labs and their whitish hair gets everywhere. The Mrs. has black carpet and black leather in her car and hates taking the dogs in it because of the white hair.
Back