Recent content by MartyII | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by MartyII

1. M

Noisy valve train

Greetings all: I am sending this note in for general info. I saw a youtube vid called "Seafoam. I can't believe what it did to my engine". The guy in the vid Seafoams an old Ranger. I am presenty driving an 05 ram 1500 with a 3.7L gas engine. The darn thing sounds like a diesel powered...
  2. M

Bad pcm/ecm/oem relay?

I'll take a guess or two at this one. When was the last time it did start? Are you using the same key? Can you unlock it with your fob? Look under the dash, usually in the area above where the clutch pedal would have been, for a small momentary switch. Try pressing that switch button (if you...
  3. M

Shifter handle stuck. 95 automatic.

Hmmm. What now? Hello folks Went grocery shopping last Sunday morning, came home and parked my 95 Explorer 4.0 and automatic trans. All was fine. Tried to leave about an hour later and had no reverse. Worked my way around the yard and got on the road only to realize I only had first...
  4. M

95 Explorer 4x4. What's this?

Thank you JK. My guess is that your guess is correct.
  5. M

95 Explorer 4x4. What's this?

Greetings all: I have been reading up online, here, and watching Youtube, about transmission problems with my 95 Explorer. Everything points to a bad valve body gasket. So, I have a new gasket in hand and started to change them out this morning. First uh oh came when I dropped the pan and...
Back