Recent content by Mathewsky | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Mathewsky

1. M

Bronco II transmission radiator

Hello guys, I'm not completly new here because I already post for my 1994 explorer, but today I need you for questions about my 1987 Bronco II XLT automatic transmission. So I'll try to explain you the problem: I bought this vehicule last in feb 2016, when came back home the transmission...
  2. M

Will an A4LD from a 4.0L Aerostar fit in an Explorer?

Many thanks, I will let you know what will be the decision, bought that sell for parts aerostar or bought a rebuilt A4LD, not the same price...
  3. M

Thanks for your replies, So do you think that he can buy that sell for parts aerostar 4.0 and change his A4LD? @ Natenkiki: you talk about early years, so the year of the aerostar has to be take in consideration? @ Brooklyn bay: I saw that you're an aerostar owner, would you run the risk to...
  4. M

Hello:) One of my friend broke his A4LD transmission on his explorer, please let me know if A4LD from an aerostar 4.0 will fit on his 1993 explorer? Many thanks
  5. M

Oil consumption

Many thanks for your replies:thumbsup: explorer's owners in France are very rare so your help is welcomed:) I will let you know and I hope to solve the problem
  6. M

Oil consumption

I bought that explorer 10 months ago, the previous owner only drive it 2000 km during his last three years, so this car was sleeping in his property... Do you think I can add 5w30 gradually? Or like you say replace the whole oil by 5w30?
  7. M

Oil consumption

Thank you for your answers, but don't forget that I live in France, weather might be different than yours... So when you say that 5W30 will do best all around, do you mean that I can keep that oil the whole year?
  8. M

Oil consumption

Hi Natenkiki, last time when the garage make the oil change, he put 10w50. That man use to work many years for chrysler, so I thought it was good oil... But one of my friend (bronco II owner) told me that 5W30 is the best, just as you. So next time i'll bought that oil;)
  9. M

Oil consumption

Hi vq5speed? So I confirm you that's there's no leak, an old car with high mileage do consume oil but my explorer is only 190 000km (115 000miles) My mechanical skills are weak so I will Check with my stepfather and check PCV valve...
  10. M

Oil consumption

Hi Wolfie, thanks for your reply, no leak on my explorer because There's no mark on the floor, yes I change oil, it's 10W50, Yesterday I bought 10w40, I think I will refill with this one. I can't tell you about PCV valve because I didn't check.
  11. M

Oil consumption

I make my oil change 3 monts ago, I drove 1500 km since this operation. I noticed that the check oil light was illuminated this morning, so I check oil level, and I saw that it was on the min! Do you have an idea about what what can be the reason of such a huge oil consomption? My exhaust is...
  12. M

HI everybody

Hi, I bought my explorer 6 months ago. I live in France, it's a unusual car here! I love this car and I'll be a bronco II owner at the end of the month (EXTREMELY UNUSUAL:D) Hope to have many disucussions with you. My english is not very good, hope you will understand;)
Back