Recent content by Matrix848 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Matrix848

1. M

Need Brake Replacement Torque Specs

Did mine at 24 lb-ft as per my service manual for 13 Sport.
  2. M

A/C Rear Line Leak

I had a leak in my rear AC line and had it replaced. It was a lot of work to replace the line as the lines run above the gas tank and he had to drop the subframe in order to make room to remove/install. My mechanic said he wouldn't want to do the job again if had a choice :p
  3. M

Fishing Rod Holder Ideas

I was looking for a solution a while back. Came across this http://www.rodmounts.com/rod-up-for-cars/ I have a few 1pc rods so I understand what you want. Shouldn't be too hard to build something similar or just email them and ask if they still have any for sale. I solved my problem by...
  4. M

Explorer Navigation Tracking Problem

I had similar issues when I first got my sport. I took it to the dealership and they had a look but couldn't fix it. I put it in to diagnostic mode to see if I could pin point where the problem was myself (# of satellites etc..) and pretty much seemed to fix itself. Now I don't use it very...
  5. M

2014 Explorer Sport, HID INSTALL HELP!!!

Up in Aurora actually
  6. M

2014 Explorer Sport, HID INSTALL HELP!!!

I had to take mine into the dealership to have them reprogram the DRL to the parking lights, then installed the HID's.
  7. M

Exact same thing happened to me. Pretty frustrating.
  8. M

2nd Row Bucket Seats with Console Issue

Man I so want the console for my sport!
  9. M

Good, going to call my dealer and have them do this TSB. Just got back from a weekend trip and the nav had me inside mountains, lakes and rivers. Just driving through Montreal I was frequently on the wrong road according to the nav. It angers me just to think back on looking at nav screen and...
  10. M

So I finally got around to the diagnostic mode for when this occurs, I actually pulled over when I saw it just to see what the car is reporting. 9 satellites found. If I remember correctly you only need 8 to be accurate within 10 feet. It's usually around 10-12 satellites and sometimes I...
  11. M

Replace side view lighted mirrors with convex inserts

Technology is great and all but don't people do shoulder checks anymore?
  12. M

Ford Explorer Cross Bars / Roof Rack

From the Owners Manual Note: The maximum recommended load is 100 pounds (45 kilograms), evenly distributed on the crossbars. Note: Loads should never be placed directly on the roof panel. The roof panel is not designed to directly carry a load.
  13. M

Anyone know where the GPS antenna is located?
  14. M

I'm had the same issue today and once last week. After 2 weeks of ownership this has happened the 2 times I've used navigation (I rarely use it locally) but I'm going to now keep an eye on it and see how often this occurs. Pretty frustrating when you are trying to get somewhere and the car...
  15. M

Climate Settings With Remote Start

My Sport appears to be working fine great. I remote start the car in the morning, when I get in everything is on, windows defrosted and seats nice and toasty. I think I have everything set to auto. Not sure why people are having problems but I've been very happy with it so far.
Back