Recent content by Medic531 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Medic531

1. M

PowerStop sending me wrong brakes twice?

This is the kit I ordered and back rotors and pads are on it now and had no problems going on. Front pads are z36-1377 (those didn’t fit) Ordered z36-1508 (same issue dont fit) About to order z36-1611 (heavy duty??) and see if they fit cuz the photos looks like what I have now for oem. Im...
  2. M

PowerStop sending me wrong brakes twice?

Hey guys I am replacing my rotors and brakes on my 2019 ford explorer xlt 4x4 and I have used powerstop to order the entire kit. The back pads worked but the front pads do not look like the OEM pads and wont go on. Per ford’s service dept I called and gave my vin number to they said I had...
  3. M

2019 Explorer Brake Question?

Hey guys I am needing new brakes and about to drive to Colorad end of next week. I have a 2019 Ford Explroer XLT 3.5L V6 AWD. I am likely going to order upgraded rotors and pads from PowerStop but its asking for the size of rotos I have?? Standard or Heavy Duty? I have used tascaparts.com and...
  4. M

Vehicle drives with no key at all?????

Thankfully both of those issues isnt what my issue is. It looks like their vehicles start up and drive with no key at all. Mine works as designed and doesnt start without a key but once i leave the car running and walk away with the key it locks while running as it should and when i come back...
  5. M

The vehicle makes the locking sound and the horn beeps twice so i assume it locks. Both times the key fob was inside the house likely 70ft+ away and when i walked outside the door opened and i was able to drive off and gives me the no key detected message as im driving. Its never done this...
  6. M

So my 2019 ford explorer brand new has two issues I just discovered. 1). i often park the car and go inside to a restaurant or a store of some sort and ill leave it running while I take the key fob with me thinking the vehicle is safe. The car honks twice and i hear the vehicle lock. Well i did...
  7. M

Issue with overhead lights

So my 2019 ford explorer brand new has an issue I just discovered. Not that i really care but i cannot get my overhead interior lights to turn on when I push the button while the vehicle is in drive, it has to be in park. I dont think I have ever seen this issue before. Also my lever for the...
  8. M

5th Gen Explorer With LED Light Bar

What push bumper do you have?
  9. M

Flush mount pod lights to front bumper of 19 explorer

Ill take a look at that thread and as far as the license plate bracket it has points of attachment on both the black and the painted bumper on this model. EDIT: First link you posted doesn't really fit what i'm wanting related to this original post. Most of the photos in that thread aren't...
  10. M

Flush mount pod lights to front bumper of 19 explorer

Hey guys It has been a while since I have posted but glad to be back. Not sure if I made a previous post about my 19 explorer I got after my 15 model got totaled by hail storm here in OK in 19. I had a push bumper with scene light on the front and this explorer is silver with XLT package and...
  11. M

Hood Pod Lights?

Has anyone done something like this but on a ford explorer? I have not found any mounts anywhere that would work with a 2019 explorer. http://www.wx4tcc.com/images/hoodlights.png
  12. M

Push Bar for Explorer

So I am back and thinking about adding a brush guard/push bumper of some type to my 2019 Silver Ford Explorer. I used to have a black explorer with a black setina push bumper but I dont think this would look good with the silver 2019 body style. I cannot find much pictures of any 2019 body style...
  13. M

double honk disable/enable with FORscan

Hey guys anyone know how to possible disable the double honk when you get out of the vehicle with the key fob in your pocket with the vehicle still running? Mine honks quick twice and I get out of the vehicle while its running with keyfob in my pocket often. Its annoying too when I pull up to...
  14. M

Electronics partially unlocking after remote start

Bought a 2019 xlt explorer a few months ago and from time to time when using remote start whether its from the app or the key fob my touch screen, volume knob and channel buttons dont activate after I put my foot on the brake and push but start button. Most of the screen works but the Nav doesnt...
  15. M

Adding aux power to inside rear of vehicle?

Thinking of mounting something like this in the rear of the vehicle that the heavy gauge wire will go to the run all my power from this. 129-FB7-D3-A69-A-4-A81-A2-E0-6-A96628-C71-A2
Back