Recent content by mgmgmg | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by mgmgmg

1. M

Buying 2005 XLT Sport

My 94 Ltd winter beater rusted out, I'm looking at a 2005 xlt sport for my next winter suv. I'll post ad. Is there any thing I should worry about. I know nothing of 3rd Gen Explorers? Would the V8 be better? Price etc... Thanks 2005 FORD EXPLORER XLT 4X4
  2. M

Brake Line Leak

She's Gone! :(:(:( I donated for tax deduction. Good god lame people on Craigslist pretending to buy? I don't have the time to waste for $500. I owned her for 26 years. 1 owner 195,000 miles. I have some stats to share.... Never replaced: Radiator Waterpump Transmission PS ETC.... Never...
  3. M

Brake Line Leak

Had a thought? Pinch the line off? 90% of braking is in the front... Ahhh to dangerous!!
  4. M

Brake Line Leak

She's Up for sale 1994 Ford Explorer Limited 4x4
  5. M

Brake Line Leak

Thanks for all the great info, Your right roadrunner on wheel cylinder. Ive had her since day 1. Its time to say good bye :( Any idea what she would sell for?
  6. M

Brake Line Leak

Winter beater sprong a leak above rear driver-side axle. Thinking of doing compressing fitting fix? Any idea? Thank
  7. M

new-to-me mint '93 limited stalls when cold

Question I have is you have no cel? Turn key to on postion and see if it lights up? I had same issue was EGR Valve, solenoid. What I did was unplug the vacuum line behind it and see if it doesn't stall...
  8. M

Driver rear turn signal problem on 2010 Explorer

Read this thread had same problem.... Bad Bulb?
  9. M

Code Question

Thanks for the quick reply, I thought so.....
  10. M

Code Question

My older brother has 98 Explorer 4.0L 2 door 5spd and is using a phone app code scanner. Could someone chime in please, never seen this code? Thanks
  11. M

2010 SRS Light

So looks like the battery is bad no biggie, I called Ford and ask for price on battery, he told me the 650CA is built better than the 850 CA? Hmmmm can anybody chime in with that? I still have the Factory 650CA which lasted 9 years.....
  12. M

2010 SRS Light

I put on the battery charger for 12 hrs and charged her up. Battery seems to hold a charge, and the SRS light doesnt come on. So ill give her 2 weeks to see if battery holds up....
  13. M

Temp sensor for ecm

Just want to know what connection is for the temp sensor for ecm? Looking to buy a cheap one from Rockauto, in the pic is that the right connection? Or should I go with the new ford rectangular connector? Im getting the common rough idle on warm starts. It seems to be the temp sensor, Ive had...
  14. M

2010 SRS Light

Will do and report back...
  15. M

2010 SRS Light

Just started to get SRS Light but not on every start. I still have factory battery and I need to buy new one. Will buy one monday..... B2290 B1318 I'm thinking the SRS Light is caused by a bad battery. If not could someone chime in with B2290 code? Thanks
Back