Recent content by MikB | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by MikB

1. M

Sync Services Being Phased Out

Ok so, no more 'sync service'. Never used it myself. But, what about the rest of it? Those with sync anything now have what appears to be an obsolete system. Including sync 3 users when the subscriptions run out. No more map updates? MyFordSync now useless? What are they replacing it with? Any...
  2. M

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

The problem I had with the OBD MX wifi was that it wouldn't make the connection with my laptop with any consistency and when it did, it would take almost an hour to do so. My first purchase was a Foseal wifi which cost under 20 bucks and it works everytime. I bought the OBD MX for the 'mscan'...
  3. M

How to install a factory tow package on a 2016 XLT

I have 3.65 gears in mine. I don't recall you making that claim before. Maybe I missed it. Do you also have the 6F55 tranny? I'm sorry if my point doesn't resonate with you. If you are only looking for a certain point of view, you should say that up front. That way, I can reserve my considerable...
  4. M

How to install a factory tow package on a 2016 XLT

I would suppose adding the components listed will give you the ability to do light towing activities and if that is all you going to do, you probably don't need the ability and strength of a beefier transmission and the lower gearing of the differentials used in the 'tow option'. Since the Ex...
  5. M

Potential new owner......help me decide.

Sounds like a crap shoot to me. He's looking for advice on this purchase and if what you say is the case, I would find an alternative if one is available because this deal stinks, IMO, of course.
  6. M

This part, I have a problem with. Where did you get the idea this Ex wouldn't be backed by the manufacturer's warranty? From the seller? That's a big red flag to me. It should still have the 3 year 36 mo. and 5 year drive train and emissions on it if it is a '17 model. This 'third party' seller...
  7. M

Ford sells a quarter of a million Explorers just about every year. The problems you hear about are but a microcosm of that number. I would say that your chances of having any major issues are very low. By the way, nothing is sold by Ford directly. Are you talking about a Ford dealer or, is this...
  8. M

MFT Update V3.10

OK then, it fixes some potential bugs. Thanks for that. I was curious about what this version did so, I attempted a search to find out and stumbled across something unexpected. A way to upgrade to sync 3 for previous Explorer models. Pretty spendy though. I'm not sure it's been posted before...
  9. M

MFT Update V3.10

OK, I've downloaded the file to my flash drive but, I still don't know why I need it, what it does or improves outside of changing the version number to '3.10'. Why is this new update needed? Maybe I missed that part? :thumbsup:
  10. M

MFT Update V3.10

From Russia...mmm K. I have another question...or maybe 3. So, this is a 3rd party install? It would seem to me that Ford would give you some info on Syncmyride about the new update even though they don't put it up for a DIY download. This adds to the mystery, IMO. It also would seem that Ford...
  11. M

MFT Update V3.10

Not to burst anybody's bubble hear but, I've had to stand back and take a second look before I pull the trigger on this update. When I go into MyFord site and check about updates it says that I'm up to date. I have version 3.8 and there's no mention of a new update in the Ford site so, I have a...
  12. M

Wireless Gauges

Basic gauges like Oil pressure @ $210.00, Temp gauge @ $210.00, Alternator gauge @ $210.00 = $630.00 from Autometer. No, not very economical. Think how much gas you can buy for that amount. Now, chances are, you have an iPhone or similar. Invest in a dash attachment of some kind for your phone...
  13. M

towing package myths ??

3J on my Ex is a 3.65. I have found no distinction between an Ex with FWD and one with the 4WD option that would change that. Therefore, I would say you have the same axle ratio as mine, IMO.:thumbsup:
  14. M

towing package myths ??

But, it does have the same axle ratio as mine with 4WD so that means, the lower axle ratio is part of the tow package. My door tag is similar to yours in the 'codes' for the tranny and the axle.
  15. M

towing package myths ??

Here are the stats on my build sheet for my Ex: Vehicle Specific Information 1FM5K8D89FGB50960 VEHICLE INFORMATION VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: 2015 EXPLORER 4DR VERSION/SERIES: FORD SERIES PAINT COLOR: Ruby Red TC BODY STYLE: 4 DOOR WAGON DRIVE TYPE: 4 WHL L/H FULL TIME DRIVE PAINT CODE: RR ENGINE...
Back