Recent content by MPrado1 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by MPrado1

1. M

20" wheels and 33's

Well it’s a Mom/Dad mobile and will stay that way for now so this would be just for looks and you’d have to assume that in a pinch 33” m/t will do a little better than the stock tires. Haven’t made a purchase yet because I haven’t gotten any input on size and most off road wheel manufacturers...
  2. M

06 4.6 power loss

Cost me $72 lol
  3. M

06 4.6 power loss

For anyone who happens to read this, I replaced the plugs and it runs great and power feels like it has been restored. Warmed the truck up, soaked the plugs in PB Blaster for about 30 min and they came out with no problems.
  4. M

HELP!! and yes the MILLIONTH time asked question on this site

You’ll fair best doing it old fashioned way. Find the MIL circuit coming from the pcm or from the obd port and run it directly. Take a multimeter to the harness for signals etc
  5. M

HELP!! and yes the MILLIONTH time asked question on this site

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj3iayg3NfWAhUm2oMKHQ0nDgIQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ranger-forums.com%2F8-cylinder-tech-34%2Fv6-v8-tach-ground-wire-107127%2F&psig=AOvVaw0yWfexEcYat6M2e2zAL9jb&ust=1507232353821683
  6. M

20" wheels and 33's

Lol I just needed to get my point across
  7. M

20" wheels and 33's

I'm looking for a little input on wheel/tire size here and I've found a few threads but none exactly what I'm looking for. I have an 06 Limited and I plan on installing a 3" front 2" rear spacer lift and the BT upper control arms but I want to run a 20x10 wheel with a 33" tire. I haven't seen...
  8. M

Any fix for water in spark plug wells 4.6L?

It's not me with the broken plug.
  9. M

Any fix for water in spark plug wells 4.6L?

thats an unnecessary amount of work there is a lisle tool specifically for that motor to extract broken plugs
  10. M

C notch kit?

Digging up bones here but, I was wondering the same question. I've notched frames before to lower a truck but since out cv axles run through the frame, couldn't the frame be theoretically notched below the cv axle to allow more clearance? Obviously other adjustments will be needed, axles, brake...
  11. M

06 4.6 power loss

To add some of my own input into the original description of the problem, it feels to me as if it's almost a fuel delivery problem or a throttle position problem. While at highway speed when trying to engage passing gear, you can hear the transmission downshift and feel the truck wanting to...
  12. M

06 4.6 power loss

I’ve done seafoam in the tank twice and and ran it through the vacuum system with an I.V. style drip bottle twice, I replaced the alternator about a week ago and the battery stayed disconnected over night. Only slight improvement.
  13. M

06 4.6 power loss

I’ve read the TSB so hopefully following that will save me from buying the tool. I ordered plugs and a fuel filter to change this weekend so hopefully it isn’t a problem. Thanks!
  14. M

06 4.6 power loss

I've heard of the impact gun method working, I only have a 1/2" air impact and a 3/8" milwaukee cordless impact so i can only hope for the best. Everyone has told me to warm the engine and then spray some type of penetrant down each tube and let it sit for some time. I'll have to try to do them...
  15. M

06 4.6 power loss

That's the best way to describe the problem actually. It improved slightly when I put the dielectric grease on the coils because there was water in the spark plug wells and then seemed to be back within a few miles. I've been dreading the thought of having to go through the process of fighting...
Back