Recent content by mrnextel | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by mrnextel

1. M

Water drains in body sills?

I'm just going to drill some holes up through the pinch molding.....
  2. M

I believe there are drain slots at the pinch molding under the rocker panels. But they are very difficult to locate. I'm having no luck. I think that's why these rocker panels rust out. When you open your doors does water drain out? I find the door gasket holds water in when the door is closed...
  3. M

I'm trying to find mine too. I can't believe no one replied to you in 9 years. I think this is why the rocker panels rust
  4. M

5R55W Fluid Fill

The larger plug is the drain plug. The smaller one is the fill hole
  5. M

Rocker Panel Replacement - No Welding, No Bondo

my next one is a sequoia
  6. M

That's why they built the 4.6. The Land cruiser is the only one that's close as it actually has a body on frame design. Even today's pickups are a joke. And GM lineup is a joke, hence my lemon law escalade with 14k miles.
  7. M

Like what? Maybe a Toyota sequoia? Which is a dying breed.... As were really talking 3rd and 4th gen explorers.
  8. M

I'm kind of fortunate having access to a friend's body shop and some experience. Bonding adhesive would be great with a few spot welds. The body shop supply is awesome for advice on adhesives, there are ALOT of various formulas than any sane individual would ever dream, all the way up to...
  9. M

Photos 3rd gen pic's

What did you do to get that stance? What's your tire n wheel size combo?
  10. M

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

I went from the LTX MS, they were great in the snow and rain, sloppy handling, otherwise comfortable, just over priced. Now have the Bfg Ko2's (also owned by michelin) they took care of me on my treadwear warranty. About 1/2 off. Had to buy a Michelin brand. I will always miss the pirelli...
  11. M

5R55W Fluid Fill

What I think makes the biggest difference to me was the PCM reflash. I had a ton of updates. It feels much better .
  12. M

5R55W Fluid Fill

I paid less than $20 for 3 quarts at the ford dealer
  13. M

5R55W Fluid Fill

You may want to watch this Brian has bled Ford blue most of his career. PS: the fluid is much cheaper at the dealer vs Amazon. Your choice, transfer cases are not cheap and a pita to swap
  14. M

5R55W Fluid Fill

The proper transfer case fluid is Motorcraft XL-12, I would not leave trans fluid in there. Always check the trans fluid level hot. It should flow out slowly when full.
  15. M

4.6L V8 coolant loss

Any updates? I have coolant in my oil too, I'm very curious, the info is invaluable!! found some other issues, but way later, that may have been my fault. Have you tried a sealer since your last rebuild?
Back