Recent content by mtech. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by mtech.

1. M

valve stem tpms

Hey I am a technician at a ford dealer. At a glance this does not seem possible as we have had issues with parts giving us the wrong sensors for vehicles during our winter safety package blowout. The wrong sensors would NOT train. For example the vehicle used a TPMS-12 sensor(valve stem) and we...
  2. M

New Member!

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg620/m_tech/IMG_0227_zps22d995cb.jpg
  3. M

New Member!

Hey, Ive recently bought an 07 explorer limited through work. Its got the 4.6L 3 valve and 6 speed auto, full load black on black with 18" wheels and 100000km on the ODO. check it out! (currently figuring out how to post pics lol)
  4. M

Beefier Rear Differential

honestly if you are towing within the specifications of your vehicle, doing your services on time and not abusing it you shouldnt have a problem....maybe you need an f-350
  5. M

Beefier Rear Differential

sounds like its not your diff gears that are the issue but the bracing and mounts that hold it in....look for some high performance diff covers with extra mounts and maybe think about poly urethane bushings.
  6. M

Exhaust Manifold Gasket noise leak

the 4.6L and 5.4L are notorious for warping exhaust manifolds and breaking studs off in the head. either machine the already warped manifold or put headers on. if you put a new manifold on it will just warp again and cause the same issue while the already warped has been hot cold hot cold and...
  7. M

Re-Torque After New Wheels

I work in a ford dealership in canada and all of us use torque sticks on our impact guns for installing wheels. I personally check my sticks as compared to my torque wrench monthly and have never had a come back or issue with lugs loosening off. Although the super duty trucks f-450 and up call...
  8. M

4.6l performance mods

I say throw some cams in it!
  9. M

New member from Canada!

I was looking around for Explorer forums and this one looked the best! Ive got a 2007 Limited, Black on Black with the factory 18's as well as a 1986 Mustang 5.0! Looking forward to sharing info and advice with everyone. cheers.
Back