Recent content by MtnCar | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by MtnCar

1. M

How do i aim the headlights horizontaly

Here is a pic I found online that shows the location of the adjusters.[/URL]
  2. M

How do i aim the headlights horizontaly

On my '13 Sport there is horizontal adjustments. However they are capped from the factory. In order to access the adjuster you need to cut the caps off with a Dremel to something similar. The headlights will need to be removed from the vehicle to remove the caps. After removed they can be...
  3. M

2014 Explorer Sport Hesitation/Bucking

Seem like the same thing I am experiencing. Following to see what you find from shop visit. If it is the cats it may be a good excuse to replace with aftermarket catted downpipes since I already have a tune. Livernois Motorsports
  4. M

2014 Explorer Sport Hesitation/Bucking

I have a similar issue with my '13 Sport. Happens around 60-65 mph going uphill on the freeway. If I shift down the shaking/lunging goes away. No CEL codes or any engine issues with regular driving. As troubleshooting steps I have replaced plugs, cleaned MAF and other sensors, replaced air...
  5. M

new JLT Oil Separator

I found there is oil in the intake after the throttle body that was covering the MAP sensor. I cleaned the sensor and ordered the JLT separator. When the device is installed and used for a while will the oil in the intake dissipate or is it best to clean it manually?
  6. M

Best tuner for Explorer Sport?

@Livernois do you have an upgrade/trade-in program to the MyCal Touch for folks that have the old MyCalibrator?
  7. M

What is this I found in my air filter box?

It came from the back side of the grill. I noticed it when I had the grill/bumper partially removed while doing a HID projector retrofit. In my case the material, both pieces were partially attached to the grill just inside of the air intake opening. I'm sure if I did not notice it eventually...
  8. M

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

I checked with aFe and the EcoBoost CIA does not have a cover available to enclose it. That makes it a hard pass. Too bad...
  9. M

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

It doesn't look like aFe offers the snap on cover for the Ecoboost version of their CIA. If this correct? If so, there would be no blocking of hot air being drawn from engine compartment.
  10. M

Specific lights 13 limited

I have tried PnP HID kits and also tried PnP LED bulbs in the original halogen projectors. All results were poor. Believe me, save your money and do a proper HID conversion update. The difference is remarkable. Look at The Retrofit Source or LightWerks for the parts. You can do it for less...
  11. M

2013 Sport Rear Shock Recommendations

Thanks for the recommendation and the link Peter.
  12. M

2013 Sport Rear Shock Recommendations

I noticed I have a leaking rear shock on my Sport so it is time to replace them. All suspension and wheels are stock. Looking for recommendations. Should I replace with stock Motorcraft or aftermarket like KYB, Monroe, Bilstien or other? Thanks
  13. M

Longshot... Wanted Amber Pieces from PI Headlight Assy.

Thanks for the info on the headlight assemblies. However I am not looking for the whole assembly, just the amber refractor piece from inside. I figured someone may know a PD or other agency that has trashed headlights where the pieces can be salvaged
  14. M

VLED V3 Triton 5K White/Amber Switchback on '13 Explorer?

Edit: I apologize. I meant to post this in the modified section. Mods, can you please move this thread? I am thinking about adding LED side markers and a VLED V3 Triton 5K White/Amber switchback system for DLR and front turn indicators like in this link...
  15. M

Longshot... Wanted Amber Pieces from PI Headlight Assy.

Hi Interceptor folks. I am doing a HID update on my '13 Sport. while at it I plan to add LED side markers and VLED V3 Triton White/Amber switchback system for DLR and turn indicators...
Back