Recent content by Mumbl3s | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Mumbl3s

1. M

Rust inside my engine?

So after further inspection I found out the heads and block are warped, I have a buddy with a 2.3l out of a ranger. So the question is, fix the 4.0, swap the 2.3 or scrap the whole thing.
  2. M

Rust inside my engine?

So after putting my engine together I got it running but it's been running rough, like misfire, pops and bangs out the exhaust, and it almost overheated. So after a night of some beer and a lot of Johnny cash (possibly the other way around) I've tried diagnosing but it led me to pulling the...
  3. M

Starter issues

So I found out the issue, the ground cable(attatched to the battery) was smashed where it was connected to the frame so it didn't connect to the engine. Replaced it and it turned right over
  4. M

Starter issues

I've verified voltage I'm getting about 12.8. I just jumped it directly from the battery to the starter, when I'm just jumping the positive post to the starter it does nothing but when I hook up the ground it turns over. This mean I have a bad chassis ground connection?
  5. M

Starter issues

Yeah I got nothing, on the relay I got it to click from shorting the S post to the power cable(big wire) but not from the power cable to the trigger(small wire)
  6. M

Starter issues

So I'm in the process of putting the 4slow back in my explorer, and before I start dumping the fluids back in ive tried turning the engine over. Well I'm getting a single click from the solenoid relay (just to clarify not the one attached to the motor but the one on the body) i got the starter...
  7. M

Broken doors

It was a joke this is my daily to and from work, my wife has a passat we use as the family vehicle.
  8. M

Broken doors

So the best part about having 4 doors is the idea that I can load up my son in the back of this death trap as well as my wife inn the front. Well the two back doors on my truck are currently just an illusion, the latch isn't connected to either inside or outside door handle so you can't open...
Back