Recent content by mumgow | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by mumgow

1. M

Coil block wiring from coil to PCM ?

Would anyone know what pins on the wiring harness are for the coil block on the pcm end on a 2006 explorer 4.0L? I have a short in the harness somewhere between the coil and pcm. Connector on coil is 4 wire.
  2. M

Highest mileage 2006-10 Explorer/Mountaineer

154,000 mi. on my "06" EB with 18.6 mpg. Have had it 7 yrs. now and love it.
  3. M

"06" 4.0L Intermittent P0352

Have had wiring harness replaced because of too many shorts from cracked insulation and upgraded the coil pack. Also new plug wires.
  4. M

"06" 4.0L Intermittent P0352

I did have an intermittent P0300 but turned out that when I changed spark plugs I was given the wrong ones. My bad for not checking before I installed them. That code cleared out after putting in the right ones. But after I took my next trip and after it had warmed up going some 50 mi. It...
  5. M

"06" 4.0L intermittent p0300 and MERRY CHRISTMAS

Just finished resolving issues with vacumn leaks last weekend and the next day it comes up with p0300. Having put in new Motorcraft plugs and wires recently but replaced the coil block with an aftermarket. I took it back and got another new one. Same make cause it had lifetime warranty. No...
  6. M

Good ol' PO174 - Help

Gladly, I used a venturi smoker that I had made last year for cold smoking meat and a small compressor dialed down low ( Thanks You Tube ). I disconnected the air filter housing from the air intake tube and blocked it off with some rags and connected the smoker up to the vacuum port going from...
  7. M

Good ol' PO174 - Help

:)Been reading up and watching videos on fuel trims. I had noticed that mine was running high. Watched a video on doing a smoke test, finding and repairing the leak, taking the negative and positive leads off the battery and holding them together to reset the fuel trim and codes. Did the smoke...
  8. M

Good ol' PO174 - Help

New fuel filter too. Replaced 3 months ago. On call for work and got called in last night. Car ran fine into work and back home, came in this morning and plugged reader in and no codes all green. I only live 10 mi. from work so I'm thinking it's not getting hot enough to cause it to happen when...
  9. M

Good ol' PO174 - Help

Had whole harness replaced earlier this year after finding multiple breaks in the insulation causing shorts. New coil pack replaced 2 months ago.
  10. M

Good ol' PO174 - Help

Yesterday morning I just happened to plug in the code reader and found that the code had cleared. All clear and green. Last night wife and I go out to eat and ride around town looking at Christmas lights. Just as I start home I notice a slight hesitation (felt through the peddle, wife never...
  11. M

Good ol' PO174 - Help

Beachcomber 86 thank you for the reply. I had the wire harness replaced earlier this year. That all started with the fuel rail sensor replacement that disturbed the harness. Then it was the alternator and everything else that I had posted before. Plus have had the muffler and radiator replaced...
  12. M

Good ol' PO174 - Help

I have been having a persistent problem that seems to be common. I have an "06" Explorer w/ 4.0L. It has had the MAF cleaned, EGR replaced, intake manifold gaskets replaced, new plugs wires and coil block replaced. Did have a bolt break off on the intake manifold but has been repaired and new...
  13. M

Thank you for great site. I wish I had known about it years ago seeing I'm on my 3rd Explorer. Present one being a 06. But not a big fan of 2011 to present body style. I already have some tech. questions as I'm not ready to give my baby up yet. Anyway thank you for being here.
Back