Recent content by NeuroResid | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by NeuroResid

1. N

Best Stock Condition Explorer of Today: Post Your Pictures w/ Mileage!

Hi, Friends. Hopefully this will take off. I don't know about you, but I love spotting a well kept and maintained vehicle - especially an Explorer! Post a picture of your Explorer, the mileage, and year. I'm curious to see who has most original/well kept/clean Explorer on the road today...
  2. N

Hey-

Welcome!
  3. N

98 ford

Did it behave like this prior to new spark plugs and wires? If not, I'd suggest tracing your coil wires and verify they're connected properly. Sometimes they get installed incorrectly (improper order).
  4. N

Walking Dead - 1999 Explorer 4x4 XLT (174K) - PICS

The second to last picture is what I'm referencing. The black metal limp below the driver side window has slight dents from minimal hail damage. I've seen a tutorial floating around here where a guy changed his out - looked pretty easy. My wife thinks I'm crazy, but little things like this...
  5. N

The front bumper cover needs a touch up, and the rear bumper is pretty much rusted out. I did paint it, but I'm on the lookout for a new rear grey bumper. I'm also looking for a newish tropic green hood and black window trim (slight hail damage, otherwise not noticeable). If I find extra...
  6. N

Pricing to sell? Coming up with a price...

Dang. I wish I could find deals like that on CL. I search all the time too. If you find a pristine Explorer send me a PM. Looking to add another one.
  7. N

Day 1: (174,x.. miles) Today: Things I want to Fix:
  8. N

It's been a while! Anyway, the Explorer rolled over 188,000 miles, thus I've put on approx. 14,000 miles! Anyway, the temperature gauge switch kept grounding out. So, I took the whole upper and lower temperature housing with the gauges back to Autozone - exchanged everything for free. Also, I...
  9. N

Thermostat Housing - Help Please (One car)

Everything works now! Sorta. . . Flushed it one more time with new coolant, turned the heat on but the fan off, started it up and guess what? No problems! And, the heat is hotter than I've ever felt it before. BUT, the dash temp. gauge is still acting odd. I unplugged both the grey plug and...
  10. N

I tried to get the piece out, but unfortunately had little luck. Perhaps it is an air pocket. I'll double check that tonight. Yes, I did change the thermostat and thermostat housing. I went with a oem replica, set at 195.
  11. N

Good News: 1. Installed the o-ring around the thermostat; no more leak (as of yet, anyways). Bad News: 1. The temperature gauge inside the cabin no longer works. It didn't work prior to the new cooling parts listed above, but it worked briefly before the thermostat housing leaked initially...
  12. N

Installed new hoses and thermostat (upper and lower) on my 1999 XLT SOHC 4.0 Explorer. Everything looked clean and well fitted until I turned the engine on. Almost immediately, coolant rushed out between the seal where the upper portion (smaller square piece with three individual bolts) met with...
  13. N

Decided to keep the Explorer stock. No new intake or exhaust.
  14. N

Replacing Coolant System - 1999 4.0 SOHC

It was changed at approx. 90K, and is in need of changing again (currently leaks). Also, all the hoses are original (dried and cracked), and coolant leaks from the left side valve cover. . .
  15. N

Replacing Coolant System - 1999 4.0 SOHC

Hey, guys. I'm interested in upgrading the cooling system as cheaply as possible. I'll do the labor. Do you see anything I'm missing, i.e. hoses, etc? Any small things I should change while I'm changing the following:
Back